Chapter 10

"Aww, my baby boy is too cute." cooed Daddy, so I couldn't help my blush while I hugged Bunny.

"Thank you, Daddy." I beamed, hopping on my toes.

"Ooh, so bouncy just like Bunny, huh?"

"Uh-huh!" I exclaimed with a happy giggle.

He lightly pinched my cheeks and kissed my forehead. "Let me get dressed, baby boy, and then we can head out."

"Mmkay, Daddy. Want some help?" I asked, twisting in place.

Daddy's ice-blue eyes sparkled. "I would love that, sweetheart."

I grinned. "Yay!"

I hopped over to the closer and looked at his side. "Huh, you have lots!"

He chuckled as he approached from behind. "How about you help me pick something that matches with you?"

"Ooh, okay!" I exclaimed, then immediately turned my focus to the lighter colored tops. "Um, how about this shirt?"

I tugged on the sleeve of a dark cream-colored shirt that was super soft. Daddy plucked it off the hanger and then pointed to a darker section of pants. I picked out a pair of jeans that were sand-colored and Daddy took hold of those, too. My head turned and I stared up at the belts and scarves.

"It's kinda cold outside, Daddy, so you should pick out a jacket and a scarf!" I said with a grin, then glued myself to my daddy's side as he tousled my hair and hugged my shoulders.

"That's a good idea, baby."

While Daddy picked out the rest of what he needed and or wanted, I hurried over to the mirror to look at my outfit again. Bunny said he liked it, which made me extra happy.

Today, I'm wearing an oversized cream-colored bunny hoodie. The hood has bunny ears on it that are super cute. The pocket for my hands on the front has flat paws stitched on them, too. Underneath the hoodie, I have a white t-shirt with a brown bunny on the chest pocket. My shorts are just above mid-thigh, but my long socks basically almost fully cover my skin.

"Ready to go, baby boy?"

I turned with a broad grin, lifting my arms up to him. "Carry me, Daddy? Please?"

Daddy's pretty eyes sparkled again. "Of course, my precious little boy."

Once I was picked up and settled against his right side, Daddy tucked Bunny into my arms and he got a thank you from me through a big smooch on his cheek. Daddy laughed and kissed my head, gathering his stuff and heading out the door. I snuggled deeper and marveled at the warmth Daddy had already collected inside his jacket. It's super duper cozy.

I was carefully put into the front seat and buckled in. I hugged Bunny to my chest and kissed my daddy's cheek before he backed off. His cheeks warmed, then he quickly pecked my temple before he shut the door.

It was a surprisingly interesting drive to get to Charlie's college with all of the shops and colorful things along the streets in preparation for Thanksgiving and Christmas, despite it being in very early November. My little side had worn off awhile back, so I was thinking about Charlie's weird reactions again.

"You're thinking about it again."

I sighed aloud and flopped my head back. "Of course I am. She's my sister, Daddy."

Denver reached over and patted my head. "You're a good boy, Emil, but remember not to push. You've really only seen sides of her that she's allowed you to see."

That stung a bit, but I knew he was correct. I was mostly in my little mindset when she came to see me or when we still lived together, so I never got to see much other than her cheery or worried self. And she was always that way for my sake.