Chapter 38

"Emil?"

I looked up from my phone to see Denver leaning on the doorway of our bedroom. "Yes, Den?"

My man's lips twitched upwards into a smile, but he tried to look stern. That made me a bit concerned, so I turned off my phone's screen and set it aside.

"How are the wedding plans coming along?"

"Good, actually. I've already picked out a few reasonably priced places we can choose from for food at the reception. Rosen has been helping me make decisions on what kinds of flowers or plants I might want as extra decor while Sawyer has been ferrying me around town to see stuff in person for crucial decision-making. How is it looking for your appointments?"

Denver hummed, then uttered, "Not too bad. Everything is on schedule."

He suddenly crossed his arms, which is extremely rare for my daddy dominant when he's alone with me. And when he does do it, there's a chance he'll bring up a topic that will make me uncomfortable.

Did he find out? Sawyer and I have been pretty careful, but I guess me being gone at least six hours every day for the past two weeks is more than a little weird. Even for planning a wedding, I guess.

The answer became obvious when he stated, "You're hiding something from me."

"Yes," I replied with a nod. Denver looked shocked, as if he thought I wouldn't admit it.

I didn't even bother to get myself out of my current predicament because I had definitely been caught—no ifs, ands, or buts about it. And it would hinder Denver's trust in me if I lied about it.

My man came over to sit down to my left on the side of the bed. I reached for him, so he offered his left hand. I took it with a grateful smile and kissed his wrist, palm, and then flipped his hand to kiss his knuckles. Denver adjusted his position on the bed to face me more, his intense ice-blue eyes boring a hole into my face.

"Emil..."

I smiled and reached for the side table, then brought out my presents for him. It was a little over two months early, but I'll happily present my gifts to him now just to see my daddy dominant and fiancé happy again instead of concerned.

Denver frowned when I placed the flat, four-inch square box on his left thigh and released his hand. I kept the ring box at my right side for now.

"What is this? What does this have to do with what you've been hiding from me?"

"I'll explain once you open it, Den."

Denver's gaze of suspicion was not lost on me, but I grinned and motioned towards the sleek black box. Denver carefully opened it and stared at the bracelet I had picked out and then purchased for him with my own money.

The bracelet was stainless steel wrapped like cords and with interesting details that i felt was both masculine and gorgeous, just like how Denver is in reality. It clasped together magnetically with a special snap to make sure it stays in place.

Denver gently stroked his fingertips over the thin, black metal band with our initials engraved on it. He fingered the tiny heart charm along with the other charm, which was a flat cutout of a small teddy bear to signify how he makes me feel in both versions of myself—adult and little. Both 2-D charms were very, very small, so they wouldn't get in his way when handling patients. There were no sharp edges either.

Denver suddenly sniffled. I scooted closer to my cute man and hugged him from the side, so he turned more and kissed my head while he wrapped his left arm around me.

"How in the world—?" He cut himself off as I pecked his cheek.

"I worked hard, my precious Denver Charleston. I earned my wages to pay for this present. Sawyer helped me find the perfect job—my very first one—and has been ferrying me to and from work the past couple weeks while also helping me with wedding stuff."