Chapter 24

"Oof, I'm so full." I groaned, hopping out of the big truck with Denver's help.

He chuckled and kissed my cheeks. "You're so adorable, Em."

I hugged his waist and rubbed my face on his chest. "And you're so wonderful, Daddy."

He smiled and patted my head. "Did you have fun?"

"Very much so. I'm glad I wasn't too bad at ping pong, Daddy. Thanks for helping me play."

"You're welcome, baby boy." he replied, looking sorely tempted to pick me up. I made his decision for him by holding up my arms.

Denver crouched down a bit and then picked me up, tucking my form against his left side. I pressed kisses to his face and tucked my head down after we pecked each other's lips. Denver petted my head and back, gently rubbing the latter as I relaxed. He shut the truck door with his hip and then walked out from underneath the enormous oak tree's canopy at the ranch.

Amazingly, Rita was back at work, although she wasn't doing anything too strenuous this time. She was taking buckets of grain to the cattle, but she stopped and hollered at us to come over to see Big Bear. Denver's lips curled against my skin, so I grinned and hugged his neck as he walked in the direction of Rita near the cattle pens.

A very big but kind of short bull was in the arena, so he caught my eye immediately. He was very stocky with short, thick legs, broad shoulders and wide hips, a super thick neck, and short but pointed horns. The bull was a rich reddish brown with a purplish gray nose and lips. His coffee-brown eyes were so pretty as Denver got closer. The bull looked up as Denver neared the metal pen of the outdoor arena and he looked at me fully this time as Denver set my feet down next to Rita.

"Oh, he's lookin'," she drawled with a smirk. "He seems to like yer looks."

I rested my hands on the metal bar closest to me and looked up at her. "How can you tell?" I asked, then heard a snort and turned my head to look at the bull again. He huffed and shifted his weight, then began to plod over to us.

Rita snickered. "He's real curious now. Prolly never seen such a cute human before."

I blushed and Denver chuckled as he ruffled my hair, making it look even more wild as the bull stopped in front of us. He lowered his head and sniffed my fingers curled around the bar. I tried not to move. Big Bear looked even bigger up close. He must weigh more than a few hundred pounds. Maybe he was over a thousand pounds.

It was a teeny tiny bit scary, but Big Bear was very friendly with me.

I giggled and petted his nose. "Big Bear?" I asked, gently petting his face. I got another huff from the bull. "Big Bear is really big, strong, and handsome."

Rita began to laugh for some reason as Big Bear tried to get closer to me. Daddy was chuckling, too. I pouted, puffing my cheeks out.

"I don't know why they're laughing so hard, Big Bear, but I like you." I stated with a happy giggle.

Big Bear's long tongue pushed out of his mouth and swept under my jaw. It was really thick, rough, and slimy. I grimaced, but I placed a kiss on his nose.

"Yup, I like you lots!"

Daddy and the nice old lady howled with laughter while I petted Big Bear's ears and forehead. I huffed and looked into Big Bear's deep brown eyes. He seemed happy, so that made me extra happy. I beamed and kissed his head again, then heard a soft moo from the bull. I giggled again. I'm glad I met Big Bear.

__________________________

"You're so cute, Em."

I looked down at Denver as he crouched in front of me. He began to towel-dry my body, but I leaned forward and curled my arms around his neck. Denver chuckled and wrapped his left arm around my thighs, easily lifting my form and carrying me into the bedroom.