Chapter 26

"Ooh, wow." I mumbled, marveling at my skin after the body scrub. Everything felt really soft and smooth. "This is amazing. And the smell is so nice."

Denver sat on the side of the bed with his forearms on his thighs. From the way he was brooding, I don't think he even heard one thing I said. But I don't blame him. My daddy dominant must be troubled because of today's event. In a way, I know I am. I wonder how I'm going to overcome my fear? I'm perfectly all right sometimes and not so much during others—like today, for example.

"Emil, baby, come here."

I shuffled across the hardwood floor in my bunny slippers and nearly tripped when I got to the rug. Denver steadied me and I thanked him as I removed my slippers. Moments later, my beloved daddy's frown was still visible in my mind after he shut off the light and brought us under the covers.

"What should I do?"

"About what?"

"Whether you're in my arms or out of them, something bad always happens."

"That's not true, Daddy. I can name numerous times where nothing bad has happened."

Denver exhaled harshly. "But bad things shouldn't happen at all."

"I would like that, too. But apparently my beauty is unmatched." I stated with a teasing tone, hoping that my man would laugh. Instead, he was quiet before he kissed my head and agreed. My jaw dropped. "You were not supposed to agree!"

Now Denver laughed. "It's true, baby boy. You are absolutely beautiful."

I pouted and wiggled closer. "So are you, Daddy."

"Thank you," he murmured, cupping my head. "But your beauty is far beyond mine."

"Mm, well, I guess I take after my mother."

Denver tensed. "Why say that?"

"That girl guessed that my mother was an actress. From that, I suppose she's watched older movies with my mother in them because she said I looked 'familiar', even if it was just vaguely."

Denver sighed aloud and cupped my head; his large, firm hand comforting me immensely. His thumb brushed my right temple before he kissed my head. "If you feel comfortable talking about it, then I'd like to hear what else she said to you."

I kissed his collarbones. Denver curled his left arm more firmly around my back and waist, his fingers curling over my upper right thigh near my hip. I slid my left knee between his legs, which made Denver jerk slightly because I accidentally rubbed him. I blushed when I felt it, but his reaction made me feel amazing as he held me to his front.

"Well," I started, "she said that I should go into either acting, modeling, or do both because I'd be successful in them. She didn't seem interested in kidnapping me or anything. She was just really weird and touchy-feely."

"I watched her kiss your cheek before she ran off," he growled. "Where else?"

"My palms," I replied, "but you scrubbed those clean and kissed them a lot already."

"Baby boy, you know what I want."

I blushed and carefully placed my hands on his face since we were in the dark. Denver began to nuzzle and kiss both of my palms, even going so far as to nibble my hands and fingers while I moved them around as instructed. My daddy dominant is super possessive of me, but that makes me extremely happy. I wonder if there will ever be a day when I need to possessively claim Denver?

"Daddy, if you're planning on going to such great lengths, maybe we should do something else."

Denver paused with my fingertips on his lips. "What do you have in mind?"