01 : the target

"alright!"

sunoo clapped his hands as he tried to gain our attention. i looked around and noticed how everyone seemed to be in their own world. jay was heavily panting before complaining: "come on, i just came back. you're way too cruel for putting me into this meeting."

heeseung raised a brow at him: "you're tired? please, everybody had a rough week. you signed up for this job, so you should be glad you're getting paid big time."

"you totally missed the point. guess it's because of your age. kinda old to get what i mean, huh?", jay backfired and stood up, ready to throw a fist at the other one. jungwon sighed and sat jay back down: "he's literally one year older than you, calm the fuck down."

jake and riki sat in the corner and were laughing at the scene in front of them. i looked at sunoo with amusement in my eyes. this poor boy always had to go through this, i wonder when he'd have enough.

"jeon wonwoo."

he slammed the paperwork on his desk, the thud caused the rest of us to stop what they were doing and listen. of course, sunoo could be really scary when he's angry, simply because he was practically the sunshine of our little alliance and never showed the annoyed side of him.

"thank you, at least everybody is listening now!", he complained, causing everyone else to either shrug or chuckle. i laughed out loud, probably because this could have been me if i hadn't won in rock, paper, scissors.

sunoo picked up a portrait of a man, probably a few years older than me. the guy looked hella scary if you asked me; his mono-lids made his eyes appear even sharper while his smirk gave him the appearance of a intimidating player. the picture was sadly in black and white, meaning i could only speculate about his hair and eye colour. dumbass, his eye colour could only be black or brown.

"jeon wonwoo has contacted us in order to watch over his little sister. since-"

"i'm not babysitting a little child. i deal with bad guys on a daily basis, i can't even prepare warm milk for toddlers.", i interrupted him in an annoyed tone while throwing my hand in the air. and to think i expected something big just a few seconds ago, why would such a menace even hire seven boys for such a silly job?

sunoo gave me the same death stare wonwoo did and continued: "jeon wonwoo has a sister he wants to be taken care of, but not in the obvious way like babysitting, it's more like a... hidden thing."

"sunoo, can't you explain better? i have absolutely no idea what he wants from us." now it was riki's turn to grow impatient before he picked out his pocket knife to play with.

the boy at the front sighed: "she's on sight by his enemies. meaning we're supposed to protect her, as well as befriend her so she wouldn't grow suspicious. and he definitely doesn't need all seven of us, he just needs one or two. in my opinion, his bet isn't much... i expected more money, but he was so scary. i just accepted it."

the others wheezed and agreed with him, saying they would have done the same. who was i to disagree?

"park sunghoon should do it.", jay suddenly exclaimed as he pointed at me, "i'm sure he'd treat her very well." the sarcasm could he heard so clearly, it made me roll my eyes. "i'm not one to socialise.", i replied monotonously and looked away.