04 : bicker

luckily, suyeon's couch could be extended, meaning i had more space overnight and was able to sleep in a comfortable position. i admired her for being able to sleep in her own bed though.

the next morning, we silently ate our breakfast and just looked down on our food. everything was so awkward in my eyes, i don't want to know how suyeon was feeling. to be honest, she looked cute in her pyjamas and the oversized cardigan over it. suyeon's hair was messed up and would almost hit her food if she didn't pay so much attention to it.

the sight made me chuckle to myself, only earning a confused look by the other one. "what's so funny?"

"ah, it's nothing.", i replied and ate up. suyeon grew more suspicious as she tilted her head: "when is this stupid window going to be prepared? you're seriously creeping me out."

"i only chuckled!"

"something is off about you. i don't know what exactly it is, but i'll definitely find out."

"in order for you to find out, i just have to stay by your side, don't i? do you want me to stay or to leave now?", i grinned and started washing the dishes. in the corner of my eye, i saw suyeon pouting and leaning back, guess she felt defeated now. "i don't want to be alone after yesterday.", she suddenly mumbled and looked away.

"message received. suyeon, what would you like to do today? we could visit my brother, go on a ride, shopping?"

"you're boring.", she spat and shook her head, "i have something way better in mind."

"karaoke?"

i looked at her in disbelief while turning off the engine. suyeon seriously convinced me to go on a ride with the motorcycle while her destination was the karaoke bar in a rather abandoned area. how did she even know about this one?

"don't you think we should do it in the evening? it's more fun."

she tilted her head: "only if you buy me a bottle of soju later."

"brat.", i scoffed, "get it yourself. i'll only pay for the booth." suyeon made a 'hmph' sound before walking off like a little kid. i rolled my eyes and threw my hands in the air: "what the fuck are you doing?"

"i'm going to find a better boy than you to hang out with!", she replied with a mischievous grin. just then, suyeon accidentally bumped into someone because she looked back to me. this woman, seriously.

"i'm sorry!"
i heard her apologise as she bowed. the man didn't even budge though, he kept this creepy stare on his face. suspicious. suyeon looked up at him for a short moment before she was dragged to the next street. i widened my eyes and called after her, but of course there was no reaction.

quickly sitting on the motorcycle, i didn't even have time to put on my helmet, but drove off anyway. if this is what i think it is, it won't end prettily. for the bad guys of course. by now, i could hear suyeon's yelling from afar and spotted her thrown over the guy's shoulder... probably because she was hell of a slow runner.

i sped up a little and was about to grab her on the way, but someone approached the scene from the right and cut me off, almost causing me to fall harshly on the floor. luckily, i saved myself with my one hand. nonetheless, the guy was still on the run with suyeon.

"ugh, fuck it."

the motorbike was damaged anyway, so i took the key off and ran after the two. suyeon must have spotted me somehow, even though she kept her eyes squinted the whole time. once i was behind them, i grabbed her arms before kicking the guy in the knee, causing him to fall and let go of suyeon.

she almost fell on top of me, making me widen my eyes. hence, i just put her behind me and pointed the pocket knife at the dude. "stay back or you'll be marking my knife with your own blood.", i threatened. by now, i noticed the dude was wearing a face mask, making me wonder how he could run off that far without feeling tired.

he only made a 'tsk' sound though and continued walking off. i looked around and saw the cameras in the corners, meaning i could ask jake to investigate. but now, suyeon was my priority.

"hey, are you okay?"

"did i just get semi-kidnapped by foot?", she breathed out, "where was the van? was he alone? how was he so fast on his feet?" she kept on moving her hands and started freaking out.
"suyeonie.", i cooed and poked her, "he's gone, i'm here. i'll try to find out more about this, but let's get to another place first. this area is literally creeping me out."

suyeon just stared into the air as we got back home. and all because she desperately wanted to visit a karaoke bar.

"you! you stay here."

i pointed at the couch, also known as my bed, and sighed. suyeon looked at me in annoyance, but obeyed anyway. "you're getting on my nerves. i'm totally fine! why should i isolate myself from the world?", she argued and inhaled sharply.

"because i am going to pay a visit to someone and don't want you to get in trouble again! don't forget someone tried to shoot us yesterday! it's for the best if you stay in your room until i return."

"why can't i come with you? im sure that someone has nothing against a plus-one." right. my parents would surely love to see a girl, who i know for maybe two weeks or something, accompanying me. not gonna happen.

"suyeon, listen to me for once and just stay here. lock the door thrice, don't make sudden movements or anything and-" "can't one of your friends stay here then? i'm sure you have some, don't you?", she interrupted me with impatience underlining her voice.

agreed. what if one of the others came by? i would feel more relieved. "alright, i'll ask one of them. seems like you dont have any friends though."

suyeon scoffed at my assumption and threw a pillow at me: "for your information: many of them are overseas for studies at the moment!" "i didn't ask you for an explanation, why are you getting so offensive?", i chuckled and shook my head before pulling out my phone to call the others.

this kid.