16 : nonsense

the next morning, my parents awaited us in the dining room, worry written all over their faces. "suyeon, dear! is everything okay with you?" my mom rushed to the girl in an instant, hugging her tightly.

"jay told us what happened, i'm glad both of you are safe." my father lightly slapped my cheek a few times, earning a chuckle from yeji. "i took a guard down, right in front of the jeon family. wonwoo looked at me as if i just destroyed something special that belonged to him.", my sister excitedly told us. i patted her head: "proud of you, ji. you're a real one for this."

"poor suyeon, you look very very exhausted." suyeon just hummed in response, almost closing her eyes again: "i'm so tired of my parents. they almost had me killed and i'm telling you: they surely had a plan to make it look like suicide. psychotic people if you asked me." every time i thought yeon was so clueless, she amazes me every time. but we were talking about her family, which she knows best, after all.

"just a random suggestion, but... what about we go on a little date to ease your mind, hm?", i asked her as i wiggled my eyebrows.

"how can you think about a date at times like this? what if they target me again?", she furiously replied, sighing in frustration. "suyeon unnie, my brother has good intentions. relax a bit, we're not useless after all. in case anything happens, i'm sure sunghoon has a plan to protect you.", yeji interfered.

"remember? hawk eyes, darling." i motioned my two fingers at my eyes, then pointing to my girlfriend. she just began to blush and looked away in embarrassment. "alright, date. you decide what we'll do, i'm hungry."

my parents looked at each other in awe, admiring the young love story in front of them. "have fun, alright? make sure to keep it safe!", mom warned and sat down to have her breakfast.

yeji raised an eyebrow at her and held in her laughter. i rolled my eyes and left the house with suyeon. "i'm so sorry, my family is in a silly mood sometimes."

she just chuckled and put her hands on my cheeks: "nothing to apologise for. this is what a happy family looks like after all, right?"

i gave her a comforting smile: "and you're part of it now."

"stop it, you're making me blush."

"once we're ready, i'll ask you to marry me, then we'll have two wonderful kids who are going to be just as handsome and pretty as we are." i closed my eyes in awe as i hugged yeon tightly.

"you're talking nonsense, park sunghoon. we barely hit our 20s and you're already thinking about children." suyeon playfully rolled her eyes at me. "i'm thinking about having a revenge on my parents."

i opened my eyes again: "what?"

"those cruel people should pay for their acts. they were trying to get me killed by their bodyguards! i'm not sitting here and watch them." since when was she so determined? i raised an eyebrow: "are you even hearing yourself?"

"clearly.", she nodded, "come on, hoon. i know you hate them just as much as i do. don't you think they should finally stop the madness?"

"i don't know, yeon. this seems way too dangerous for us. i don't want to involve my parents in this, they've been through enough. honestly, i don't think the others are prepared for that either. plus, you recently knew about your family's dark side. you've got to study their business first, what if they're already one step ahead and ready to aim at us? i'm not putting my teammates' lives at risk like that." all she did was sigh, then nod.

"then i'd suggest we level up and prepare ourselves."

"this takes months. we can't just talk about it a bit and then attack. i hope you're aware of that."

"every single minute, wonwoo could just barge in and shoot us all, sunghoon. if it takes months, so be it. let's just get to the dorm and figure things out. i'm scared something will happen to any of us, okay? i care for your team too."

"that doesn't give you the right to rush things, suyeon. i'm sure we can catch up on wonwoo, the boys aren't amateurs after all. so let's just go on a breakfast date, hm?"

"you seriously don't understand.", suyeon scoffed and walked past me. "i don't want to waste time!"

now it was my turn to grow frustrated: "you're saying that as if you know how to put your words in action! i need to teach you how to handle a gun first, then we'll have to make sure you're athletic enough for all the physical shit you're going to complete! it's a lot of hard work and it doesn't matter if we start now or after a goddamn breakfast!"

after my last word, the street suddenly seemed so quiet. as if the world around us has stopped for a good minute.

fuck.

i quickly looked around and hugged suyeon as tight as i could, earning a yelp from her. "what the heck, sunghoon?", she hissed, but all i could concentrate on was the pain in my left shoulder.

as i thought, a sniper.

"i need to get you back inside, we can't be seen here.", i just whispered before dragging her along. yeon was beyond confused, probably still not getting what was going on. but as soon as she saw my white shirt turn red on the side, she gasped and was the one who pulled me back in the house in the end.

"fuck, why didn't you just say something, you dumbass?", she yelled and called yeji for help. i chuckled: "are we still arguing after i've been shot?"

"well... no... i'm sorry, i'll just treat the wound!"

"we have medical staff here, just wait in your room." she looked at me with apologetic eyes, knowing she did something that made me upset with her. but it was an argument, so we both had to face our mistakes.

right now, i just didn't want to deal with it.