09 : confession

"oh, this place is nice!"

suyeon immediately threw herself on the couch once we entered my apartment. i'm more surprised by the fact how she could just leave her own home like that, thought she might just burst into tears and protest against me.

something was fishy. but maybe it's because it's suyeon, so i couldn't really care less.

"do you normally live here?", she asked me and examined a few spots in the living room. i shook my head and shrugged: "haven't visited this place for ages. but i think my sister recently came by... as far as i know."

"you have a sister? how sweet!", suyeon cooed as she clasped her hands together in awe, "i wish i had one too. instead, i got a big bold brother like wonwoo."

"at least he protects you. now i've got to protect two girls." i grinned when i saw her face of realisation. yeon then chuckled: "bet she didn't teach you how to flirt like that though. what's your little secret, park sunghoon?"

"i have many." was my only answer before grabbing the luggage and taking it to the guest room. "you'll be sleeping in here, it's big enough so don't even think of complaining." "you pretend like i'm a noisy old woman who doesn't have a life and needs to complain about everything every time."

suyeon got up in order to properly slap my neck. "do you have your suit with you?"

"what kind of question is that? what's wrong with you? are you on drugs?"

"the date still stands.", she stated and crossed her arms.

"uh-uh. not tonight. not after that invader incident, suyeon. you're definitely out of your mind."

"you know what? i should ask my parents to have dinner. the four of us." i put my hand on her forehead while mine began to crease. "you don't have a fever, maybe it's alcohol? suyeon, i'm not going to meet your parents, i'm not your boyfriend. introduce them to someone better than me at least... & in the future."

quickly unpacking my things, suyeon just watched me as she remained silent. maybe i finally made her little brain work or overthink, i don't know.

"you're a jerk, sunghoon. you really are.", she suddenly said once i was done. "what?", i frowned.

"why else would i ask you for a date? i wanna get to know you and then introduce you to my parents sometime. they'd truly adore you and stop mocking me for being so useless."

"what kind of parent says that to their own child?", i scoffed and turned towards her, "you're not useless. what would they even use you for? i think you're a pretty and smart young lady who doesn't deserve this kind of treatment. but using me to stop your own problem sounds wrong as well." suyeon looked at her slippers out of shame as she scratched her arm.

"suyeon.", i sighed and took her hand, "don't get me wrong. i accepted your offer and we'll definitely go out soon, but i want to have a date without second thoughts. just think about it tonight and tell me whether you still want a date or not by tomorrow. since i'm done with my luggage, i'll get going now. my sister's probably waiting. see you later?"

the girl looked at me and cracked a smile before nodding and going to her room.

why has this gotten so much more complicated?

"if you asked me, i'd say your relationship has gotten much more serious in the past few days.", jake nodded and raised his glass in satisfaction, "she's pretty cute. why don't you give it a go?"

"because she's a mission and i shouldn't let my own feelings take over. what if i become less attentive and let her get hurt? i couldn't forgive myself for such thing."

jay smacked my neck: "idiot. forget it's a mission for once."

"it's not a mission either, it was just a favour we were asked to do." sunoo entered the room with a yawn, throwing more paperwork at me. "jay and jake are right. wonwoo might pay you for playing the babysitter, but you're basically not on duty and won't have to explain yourself to anyone. court her, make out with her, i don't care. suyeon's practically all yours."

"ew. this sounds so wrong since it's all coming out of your mouth.", i commented on sunoo's statement and chuckled, "let's just see. i'll take her on a date tomorrow and if this turns out to be a complete disaster, i'll just bury myself."

"yah! that sounds sadder than it possibly is." jay clicked his tongue and groaned. "why am i friends with such a hopeless romantic?"

"has anyone ever considered what the public would say? i'm basically gone for a year now, everyone's wondering where the son of the powerful parks currently is. which kind of reaction am i supposed to expect once i'm announcing i'm back and dating the jeon suyeon?"

"you're literally overthinking everything, so shut the fuck up for once. confess to her at the date and show yourself from your best side. it's that easy, you're just talking too much." jake poured himself another glass of white wine and sighed. maybe they were right. less talking, more doing.

——— 𝐒𝐔𝐘𝐄𝐎𝐍

"is it going well?"

i sighed into the phone and rolled my eyes. "yes, wonwoo. who the hell are you taking me for?"

"my lovely little sister and hell of a good actor.", he casually replied and laughed into the phone.

"what do you mean? i'm not acting."

"you're acting like you're not interested in that guy. and suddenly you're asking for a date? if the two of you end up dating, you know i'll show no mercy on him."

"why are you even so obsessed with sunghoon? it's not like he's a guy with big status."

"do your research for once and then you'll understand... i hope. that little brain of yours can't really comprehend much."

"please just die in paris, wonwoo. i swear to god.", i sighed and hung up on him.

what did wonwoo even mean? i thought they were friends and knew each other well?

what is going on?