18 : missing yeji

for the past months, i couldn't do anything but rest. yeji was the one who taught suyeon everything, which made me mad since i couldn't be there for any of them. every now and then, i showed up at the dorm with a (more or less) broken shoulder.

jay told me suyeon made a lot of progress and could pass as a sniper by now. i just chuckled at his remark and watched her eating her food with jungwon. "you're joking. she looks way too innocent.", i said.

"you haven't seen her in action yet. jungwon was able to teach her the basics of martial arts while sunoo did yoga with her. i have no idea how it helped, but suyeon seems much calmer now."

"great to hear. where's yeji?"

"what do you mean? i thought she was with you? i haven't seen her today." my brows furrowed as my head tilted: "dude, i haven't seen her for a few days. i assumed she was here the whole time?"

suyeon walked towards us and flashed a smile: "hoon! i'm glad to see you." she gave me a side hug and frowned when she saw our worried faces. "everything okay?"

"yeji's missing. have you seen her?" a head shake.

"could it be?", jay asked. "very much likely.", i only replied, "everyone, i think yeji's been kidnapped." the whole group had their eyes on me now as if i have gone insane. "no way, we were supposed to attack tonight! she wouldn't leave us like that.", jake argued.

"she didn't leave us, not by her choice at least. check the front door camera, maybe we'll have a clue!"

"you fool." suyeon hit my head. "as if anyone was so dumb to kidnap her through the main entrance! check the back door instead." i love this woman and her fierce attitude.

"yah, park sunghoon. there's no time for daydreaming.", jake scolded me while giving me a hit on the shoulder. "ouch! this was my wounded shoulder!" he rolled his eyes: "get over it."

"i've got something!", sunoo called from the living room, "two men dragging her! i think sunghoon is right." we all gathered around the tiny laptop as he pointed out a few details. i gulped as i watched my own sister helplessly defending herself, knowing we weren't around to get her out of there. somewhere in my heart, i felt pain. as if it was bleeding and wanting to suffocate me. "fuck.", i frustratedly cursed, "this wasn't supposed to happen! why can i never protect everybody here?"

suyeon tried hugging me, but i just shook her off with a gesture and sighed. "jake, you said you were going to attack tonight? what was the plan exactly?", i asked after a few minutes.

"pulling up with the gear jake and riki's parents have specifically developed for us, storming the jeon residence with jay's family's close friends as backup, getting yeji and targeting wonwoo.", heeseung briefly enumerated. he knew i hated long explanations that took up time, so i'm thankful for his brain for thinking along.

"then i would say we proceed like you planned.", i replied. "is your shoulder even alright again?", suyeon questioned and poked the wounded area. i tried to remain my poker face and nodded. "i'll be fine, our priority is yeji. we can't leave her there for too long."

"what? scared he will get rid of her before we even arrive?", jay jokingly said. no one replied and just looked at him. "okay, sorry. i'll take that back."

suyeon placed her dishes on the counter. "so! i'd say we prepare ourselves from now on in order to get yeji back. does everybody know what to do?"

everyone else nodded, except for me. of course, i couldn't prepare myself with them because of the stupid wound. "well, what should i do? i won't sit here and wait for y'all."

"you're staying here with me and monitor everything." sunoo sternly replied, earning a frown from me. "seriously? but i wanna help!"

"hey, don't underestimate my work, park! you're helping through the in-ears too."

"no, he should go with the others. i stay here if you'd like." jay raised his hand and gave me a comforting smile. "it's your sister, man. you'll beat yourself up if you stay here and only watch."

sunoo didn't seem convinced, but didn't fight back. he knew he wouldn't break through anyway. clever sunoo!

"good, prepare yourselves then. i'll be in the meeting room.", he said before disappearing.

suyeon watched him leave before turning to me: "are you sure you're going to be fine?"

i just flashed her a smile and nodded: "let's save yeji."