11 : torn lovers

it's been a few days since suyeon and me met because i've been staying at my parents' home for the time-being. i didn't feel hatred towards her, i was simply disappointed.

sunoo still hasn't found a clue if she was part of the plan, but my mind has shut down already, believing the theory that she only used me in order to help her brother.

"i was kinda rooting for her and you, sunghoon.", yeji sighed as she spotted me on her bed, not moving an inch, "i'm sorry you feel so heartbroken. is there anything i can do?"

"bring me the old suyeon back."

"you don't even know whether she really used you or not. talk it out. like adults would usually do." my sister hit my leg with her slipper and left the room as fast as she has entered it.

"hello?"

"it's me."

"sunghoon, i've been trying to reach you for days already! i expected you to come over and talk to me, where are you right now?"

"look, i know about wonwoo's plan, so stop acting like you care. he made you play along, didn't he?"

"and this is what we need to talk about. if you just listened to me-"

"suyeon, i don't want to continue playing around. wonwoo was going to use me to get closer to my family, right? i won't let that happen. it's the best if we cut ties now." saying this made my heart ache a lot. of course i cared about suyeon, but at times like this, i feel like i have to put me first.

"and to think i was ready to fall for you, jeon.", i chuckled into my phone as i hung up on her and threw the device to the corner of my room.

——— 𝐒𝐔𝐘𝐄𝐎𝐍

"fuck!", i yelled and ran my hand through my hair. this is bad, this is really bad.

so he stopped trusting me for his own good.

"what's wrong? did your loverboy finally snap?" wonwoo walked around the corner and shrugged as he saw my current state. "sorry, missy. the two of you would have never gotten a happy end anyway."

"you're a fucking jerk, did you know that? before you targeted him, did you even think about me? thinking about my feelings? sunghoon doesn't even want to deal with me anymore because he thought i was playing with his feelings. he even confessed just a few minutes ago. if it wasn't for you, we could have a happy end."

who would have thought that a boy would give me such a hard time? especially someone who i met just months ago?

i quickly wiped my tears. "you're nothing compared to him. threaten me all you want, sunghoon is surely going to have a plan how to get rid of you." quickly taking my bag, wonwoo held my wrist and groaned: "you're ruining the fun. you're seriously trusting an old-money-aesthetic guy over your own brother?"

"yes, because now i see you in a different light and you begin to disgust me.", i honestly answered before slamming the door. good thing he took me in his own apartment, sunghoon would probably freak out if he knew the jeon siblings took over his home.

"where the heck does hoon even live?", i mumbled to myself and quickly called jay. ever since he had to play the babysitter, he gave me his number... just in case. and of course this was some 'kind of case'.

"suyeon, didn't know you'd actually use my number for once.", i heard from the other line. "i don't have time for this. jay, i need you to tell me where sunghoon is. this is all a big misunderstanding! you've got to believe me."

"sounds urgent. have you reached out to him yet?"

"you're acting like i haven't called him five times a day for the past week. i know damn well you're judging me too, but i fell into wonwoo's trap as well and hoon's life might be on a very thin line. i have to talk to him personally, i fear something bad is going to happen to him if i don't act now."

jay stayed silent for a good minute before clicking his tongue: "i'll send you the location of our dorm. it's better if everyone of our alliance hears what you have to say. no solo moves, they always end up bad. i'll drag his ass to the place as well, so hurry up."

he hung up, but sent me his current location in just a few seconds. thank god he trusted me on this one.

——— 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐍

"hoon! jay's at the door, get downstairs!", yeji yelled throughout the whole house. "why now?", i whined to myself and got up from my bed. jay really knew when to show up when he wasn't supposed to.

once he spotted me, his grin grew even wider: "you look like shit."
"thanks, i am quite aware of that.", was all i answered.

"it's because of her, right?"
"i told her i want to cut ties. isn't it for the best? she's a traitor after all."

"c'mon, are you even hearing yourself? you've spent a lot of time together, it felt real and right. suddenly sunoo throws a few papers at you and you completely change your opinion about her. you're doing her totally wrong, and you know it. let's go to the dorm and brighten up the mood a bit, hm?"

jay threw my jacket at me and cracked a smile: "you fell pretty hard for her, huh?"

"positive.", i confirmed and left the house with him. we only had to walk down a few streets, so it wasn't so bad. there wasn't anyone on the road either, so practically no one was able to judge my outer appearance.

"i would say there's always a spark of hope, no matter the situation."

"you never say that, are you on drugs?", i sincerely asked him, only earning a hit on my shoulder. "don't mention topics like those so loudly. what if our families get caught?"

i scoffed: "we are professionals, as if we'll end up in jail anytime soon? have a bit of trust here, park."

fishing out my keys, i heard laughter inside of the house already. what's going on? why were they having so much fun?

when i opened the door, i was surely about to close it again. the boys were seated on the couches, suyeon in the armchair i always sat in. she was excitedly telling a story, causing the others to chuckle and giggle.

jay let out a "hehe" sound when my angry eyes were fixed on him. "are you serious right now?"

"positive."