08 : date

in fact, jay informed me that the apartment with the broken window has been fixed, but it would be the best if i didn't live there in case anybody tries to shoot us again.

while suyeon was getting ready in her unit, i was currently at the dorm with the others. riki smirked when i fixed my suit in the mirror. "i can't believe you're actually going on a date. how excited are you?"

"it's for the mission. stop thinking it could be something for real."

"heeseung caught the two of you at the ice rink today though. are you sure nothing's going on?" now it was jake's turn to tease me. the boy wiggled his eyebrows and laughed afterwards.

maybe they were right after all. i'd like to court her, but at what risk?

"this is a great opportunity to get to know each other. i'm still smiling over the fact she asked you for a date. you dumbass, you were supposed to make the first move!", jay scolded me as he hit the back of my head. "aye, i just finished fixing my hair!", i complained and was about to hit him back.

heeseung stopped the two of us bickering though and looked in my eyes: "you don't want suyeon waiting for you, right?"

god, sometimes he scared the hell out of me. "may i borrow one of the cars? the motorcycle is a bit... well, inconvenient." jake grinned and threw the keys of his car at me. "condoms are in the glove box, thank me later."

"please just shut the fuck up.", i sighed frustratedly, "thanks though. i'll get going now."

with that, i waved them goodbye and drove to our unit again, hoping suyeon wasn't done yet. how embarrassing would it be if i needed more time than her?

i typed in the code and entered the apartment: "yeon, are you ready?"

there was no answer. weird.

"yeon? are you okay? where are you?" i roamed around the unit a bit before noticing distant noises from her room. biting my lip to suppress the smile, i approached the door and stopped when i heard someone whisper: "shut the fuck up, you're making too much noise."

the heck?

quickly grabbing the gun behind my back, i counted to three before barging in and pointing the weapon at the stranger. suyeon sat on the floor, tape covering her mouth and around her wrists, while she had a scared expression on her face. "who the fuck are you and who allowed you to invade our home like that?", i yelled and was about to shoot because the guy simply opened the window and was about to leave.

i jumped over yeon's bed and quickly tackled him down. due to the pain, the man remained on the floor as i freed suyeon from her misery. she had other plans instead of thanking me. instead, she put tons of tape around the stranger's wrists and told me to call the police.

i rolled my eyes and pulled out my phone to text the others. we're not calling the police, this will raise suspicion about me.

"who the heck are you texting? call the police! why are you even so calm?"

leaving the room with a sigh, i called jay and pretended to talk with a cop. suyeon surely didn't understand anything acoustically, but watched every move of mine to make sure i wasn't doing anything dumb.

"i guess this date is ruined. we were rooting for you, our strong soldier. have a good one, hoon. i'll take care of everything."

"thanks.", i smiled as i hung up on him.

after suyeon made sure the guy won't try to leave again, she joined me in the living room and sighed: "what is even happening nowadays? why are people after us? now our date is ruined." she plumped herself down on the couch and kicked her foot in the air.

i sat next to her and patted her back: "sorry, i'm truly sorry. never have i ever wanted to bring you into this kind of situation. i'm really bad at protecting you, ain't i? i'll surely make it up to you, yeon."

"you don't need to. i just hate being clueless like this. am i part of some dirty business i don't even know about?" technically, yeah. am i going to tell you? probably not.

"maybe everything needs time and... the answer will come to you sooner than you think? how about we get out of here first? i feel like we're not safe in this area, considering the fact that both of our apartments have been invaded somehow." she began to chuckle and hit my shoulder. "i hope you know a good place we can move into that fast. it's so hard to find a unit in seoul."

"considering the fact that i own seven apartments in this city alone... i don't think it's going to be a big problem. also thinking about the fact that all units are filled with furniture already... nothing to worry i guess?"

suyeon's jaw dropped open: "every time you open that annoying mouth of yours, i feel like i'm meeting another version of park sunghoon. you're definitely insane, who even are you really?"

she suspiciously leaned in and watched me furrowed eyebrows. why did she even have to make me so nervous? "you don't wanna know, darling. but do you wanna know where to move next so that you feel less in danger? this time, i'll make sure to protect you from everyone. trust me, i won't let you die so easily. not after you asked me out.", i teased her and leaned in as well.

yeon gulped and backed off a little, causing me to grin and get up: "so, cops will be arriving soon, that guy has been tackled down. i'd say we prepare ourselves as well. don't ya think?"

"you literally amaze me.", she breathed out and shook her head, "i'm handing my whole life to a complete stranger. a rich stranger, i suppose. either way, you always surprise me, park sunghoon."

"my special trait, i guess."