02 : meeting gone wrong

even though sunoo would have slapped me for it, i still finished a cigarette yesterday night. after the dinner with the boys, i caught myself in the living room while reading through a few documents.

and this was how jake found me this morning: piled up on the sofa while being surrounded with paper. he hit me with a pillow and laughed: "get ready. the car is waiting outside."

i gasped and looked at him: "he's here? already?"

"just kidding. i'm supposed to drive you to your new apartment because firstly, you don't have a car yet and secondly, we're going to pick up some defense tools."

jake motioned a gun and made "pew pew" sounds before picking up the papers and neatly putting them on the table. i got up and fixed my shirt before walking into the kitchen where jay greeted me: "seems like the penguin finally woke up from its slumber."

"shut up.", i groaned and took the food he handed me, "i stayed up to read through that girl's files. all i found out was that she loves their dog. the rest of the documents were about her lovely brother." the older one laughed out loud and shook his head: "do you at least know her name?"

"yeah, her last one."

jay almost dropped the spoon as he wheezed, not expecting the answer he was looking for. i just silently ate my breakfast and thought how to introduce myself later.

"by the way.", the other one tried to gain my attention, "due to the mission, you won't be here often. i'm sorry if we gave you the feeling we wanted you gone, hoon. we surely don't want to, but we all know you'd be perfect for this task and... you know... i'm going to miss you. so call or text me whenever you're free, alright?"

"it is way too early to get that emotional, park.", i chuckled, "but i know that already. we're brothers after all, so i'm counting on you as much as you're counting on me."

we patted each other's shoulders before breaking out in laughter, causing jake to barge in and ask if everything was okay. but soon after, he joined our happy hour as well.

——— 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏

after jake has helped me arranging my things in my temporary home, he left already since the jeon wonwoo was going to visit me soon. not going to lie, this fact made me shiver. how was he like? would he kill me if i made one single wrong move?

when i sat on the couch and went through the group chat, i suddenly heard the front door clicking, signalising someone was about to go in. holy shit, he also has the code?

immediately standing up and rushing to the door, i saw a young man calmly taking off his shoes. he was definitely taller than i expected.

the guy looked up and spotted me before shaking my hand firmly: "so they chose you for this! nice to meet you, i'm wonwoo." who was i to refuse the handshake? "park sunghoon.", i nervously introduced myself before breaking off the physical touch.

"this deal must have caught you off-guard, huh? sorry for that, it was kind of urgent." he shamelessly walked past me and examined the unit: "damn, i haven't been here for ages! please take care of my apartment, alright?"

"yes, sir."

just then, he saw the pack of cigarettes on the couch table and frowned: "you smoke?"

"shit, my bad. i wanted to hide them. sunoo told me you're not a fan of smoking-"

"for fucks sake, this is such a lousy brand." he pulled out a small box out of metal and put them in my hands. "try cigars, buddy. they're way better. and i don't know what sunoo told you, but i just don't like smoking around suyeon. she's quite sensitive about that topic."