19 : the end of us

quick steps and hushes were heard as we approached wonwoo's property. i tried to be as quiet as possible, in case an enemy was lingering around. next to me was heeseung, who looked as serious as hoon did before he got in the other car. speaking of him, he was far in front of us, obviously working smoother than all of us.

"don't worry about anything. we got this. sunghoon will be happy, yeji will be safe and you'll get to hug your cute boyfriend again, without any worries.", hee assured me before aiming for the bodyguard in front of the huge door.

he couldn't shoot the bullet though because in that moment, jungwon suddenly came from behind the man and strangled him. "fucking get in already and stop hiding! we really dont have time!", he yelled and started sprinting inside the house as riki followed him. "fuck. that was not part of the plan. they're messing up!"

i got up and walked inside as well. "no worries. as long as we keep our cool and just do our job, i don't have anything against it.", i said. sunghoon was just around the corner, looking pretty vertaub about which path he had to walk. "heeseung, i'm going to follow sunghoon, okay?"

"what? no, both of us were chosen to take down wonwoo's men. i can't take them down all by myself.", he replied. i looked at him with pleaded eyes: "something is not right here, i have to follow him! what if wonwoo finds him before i can?"

"go. i'll help hee." jake slightly smiled at us, reassuring it was okay for me to leave. "thanks.", i sincerely grinned and started running after hoon. what was this boy even planning?

the hallway he probably hurried through was so dark that i couldn't see anything. just keep running, yeon. quickly turning on the flashlight i had with me, i saw him punching one of wonwoo's men, barely getting rid of that dude. mentally, i rolled my eyes, but shot the enemy anyway. sunghoon watched him sink onto the ground before turning to me: "you even have a silencer on your weapon? why didn't they give me one?", he pouted before i hit him on the head.

"are you insane? why would you walk away on your own? let's go, there's no time!" i dragged him along, back to the entrance we made ourselves. from the distance, i already heard grunting and gunshots, expecting the worst.

to my surprise, jake and heeseung were back on back, taking down every single opponent who was coming at them. i quickly let go of hoon and shot at the men, whether they were already on the floor or still on their feet. sunghoon was still behind me, also trying his best to put this to an end.

jake started to laugh like a maniac: "this is so much fun, i've never felt so alive!" he threw his hands in the air while looking around. "where to next?"

"basement.", i replied, "they always keep their hostage in the basement, this is way too cliché. let's just go." i marched forward and went downstairs. "why is it always so dark?", i mumbled and checked if the others were still behind me. by now, even jungwon has joined us, confirming everything was clear.

when i flicked on the lights, wonwoo stood right behind the glass door, earning a surprised yelp from me. "good gracious, my brother-in-law is a whole jumpscare.", sunghoon commented and raised an eyebrow. "stop it, seriously." "oh and since we're already commenting on things now, you look pretty hot in all black." i side eyed my boyfriend before shaking my head and shooting the door.

sadly, wonwoo took a step to the right as he watched the door being crashed into thousands of pieces. "that's very nice of you to get rid of my door, dear sister.", he sarcastically said and picked up a broken glass, "great to see all of you, how have you been?"

"cut the crap, where did you hide yeji?", sunghoon growled in annoyance as he pointed his gun at wonwoo. my brother didn't seem to feel scared or anything, but he kept on smirking. i sensed something was wrong, but maybe it was just my bad gut feeling.