07 : bonding

suyeon didn't wake up until the next morning when she picked up the mail at the door. her scream harshly pulled me out of my sleep and i quickly ran to where she was standing.

"what? what happened?!", i mumbled and rubbed my eyes. she just looked at me in shock as she handed me an envelope, filled with a few pictures from the day we've got to meet with wonwoo.

"don't tell me someone is stalking me."

no one is.

i raised my eyebrows as i noticed the little note sunoo wrote.

zoomed in on a few ones. thank me later.

i won't thank you for sending me pictures of her in the most obvious way.

"okay, stop freaking out. it's way too early for that. don't you have a hangover or something like that?" i pretended to throw the pictures in the bin when in reality, i hid them behind my back. suyeon sighed and placed a hand on her head: "i do. i'm just not showing it. anyway, thanks for getting rid of those photos, i'll make breakfast now."

"hey, uh... yeon?"

"what is it?"

"should we visit the place you were talking about yesterday?"

suyeon scoffed: "are you really that dumb? i was drunk, what are you even talking about?"

"well, you said we should get to know each other more. why don't we visit your... how do you call it... childhood place?"

"the kinder garden?"

i facepalmed myself. "darling, you had a hobby and that damn hobby used to be at a certain place. and i want to visit that place."

"you should work on your choice of words then, dumbass. how am i supposed to know when you're the only one who remembers that conversation? and don't darling me, it creeps me out.", suyeon barked back and went to the kitchen, "but sure, we can visit the ice rink later."

"the ice rink?", i silently repeated to myself as i hid the envelope under my blanket before joining my roommate for breakfast. "what is the chef cooking this morning?", i joked and looked over her shoulder.

"nothing for you. go make yourself food."

"but the kitchen's too small for me to work next to you.", i whined.

"then you'll have to wait until i am done."

"you're too cruel, i'm hungry as well! can't you make something for me too?"

suyeon shook her head in amusement: "only if we drive with your motorcycle later. it was fun the first time!" she grinned as she looked at me, causing me to bite my lip. what is she doing to me?

"deal. i'll just have to repair some spots before we go." with that, i took a tangerine and walked downstairs to my vehicle.

——— 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏

"welcome to my territory!" suyeon threw her hands in the air as she turned towards my direction. in the background, i saw the huge hall, consisting of the ice rink, grandstands and a huge window right above one. "impressive, right? good thing you took a jacket with you."

"you're too silly.", i scoffed and shook my head, "you think i'm dumb and enter an ice cold place without a puffer jacket?" she rolled her eyes: "sorry, mister i-know-everything-better-than-suyeon. might as well do a quadruple axel."

i tried to hide my grin and went to the middle of the rink, only to begin skating and doing as she said, without any mistake. suyeon's jaw dropped open as she saw me succeeding the spin, causing me to laugh. "what? think you're the only great figure skater here?"

"liar! i thought you didn't know how to skate!"

"you never asked me."

"fair enough.", she shrugged, "you're pretty good though."

suyeon started to sprint away while i tried to catch her. people already started staring at us as if we've gone insane, but i couldn't care less. hearing her giggle made me happy as well.

since when?

the girl turned around and skated backwards while facing me. "you're way too slow! i thought you were an excellent skater?", she teased, making me tilt my head and go faster. yeon widened her eyes as she realised i was approaching her with full speed.

with that, she abruptly stopped while i crashed into her, causing us to fall. suyeon was smart enough to switch places, making her fall on top of me. and lord, she was way too close for my liking.

nevertheless, she just looked at me and started laughing like a maniac. "that was fun!"

why did she have to ruin this intense moment?

i sighed and patted my head. "are you okay? does anything hurt?", i asked her. she shook her head: "no, but i hope you didn't hurt yourself much."

"i'm here to protect you, suyeon. i think your health is more important than mine right now." a moment of silence occurred before i motioned her to get up so i could do so as well. the girl looked quite taken aback by my comment and scratched her neck nervously. "anyways, uhm. wanna go eat dinner outside today? i'm not craving home-made food today."

"are you trying to say you want take-out? just say so.", i chuckled and wiped my lip. "no, i want to go on a date.", she bluntly said and cleared her throat.

"oh.", was my first reaction. "well, if you want to, we can. i've just got to get my suit, but that's it. i'd love to take you out to a restaurant."

now it was suyeon who widened her eyes. "really?"

"if that's what you want?" i raised my eyebrows at her and smiled. cute. definitely cute.

as she was about to say something, my phone rang inside of my jacket's pocket. "sorry, i think i'll have to take this." as i looked at the screen, my heart skipped a beat. wonwoo?

i quickly left the rink and accepted the call. "this is sunghoon."

"i heard about what happened in the apartment. how are you and my sister?" what happened to... hello? i rolled my eyes. "when i said i'll protect her, i meant it. we're doing fine, but we're living together for the time-being, it works well actually."

"that's what i thought. listen, i have another apartment right a floor above her unit. i'd appreciate it if you lived there instead of on the couch of my sister."

"will do. thanks."

"is there anything else? are you two at least getting close?"

"kind of. listen, she's waiting on the ice rink right now and i don't want her to wait, so i'll hang up now."

"aight, if anything happens, contact me. i'll be coming back soon anyway."

with that, he hung up.

this obsessive guy.

sorry, wonwoo. i think i'm about to break our promise.