PART 15: Tricky

🅈🄸🄽 🄿🄾🅅

Since I was free today, I picked up War and dropped him off for class. I love doing this. I didn't mind driving here and there to see him every day and do things I had never done before, perhaps because I had more than just a passing interest in him.

The time flew by so quickly that I didn't even keep track of how many months had already passed since we first met. I only know that I adore having him at my side. I started understanding so much more about him during this time, both his likes and dislikes.

Now, he will soon begin his internship after nearly completing his seven semesters. I intend to ask him to be my boyfriend on his birthday, which is in two weeks. The proper time had come for me to declare to him how much I desired a relationship with him, even though we had never expressed our feelings for one another verbally. I mean, we never said the word 'I love you'.

When I saw War walking toward my direction, I smiled and got out of the car, opening the door for him.

"Hey, my baby," I said and gave him a quick kiss on his cheek.

"Hey," he smiled and came inside the car. I also entered the car and pulled the seatbelt for him.

"How was your class today?"

"Boring as always," he answered and leaned his back on the seat with a tired face.

"Can we stop at the bookstore? I have a book that I need to buy."

"Sure," I replied and shifted the car into drive.

━━ ・━━

War's mood had completely changed after we went to the bookstore and I really wanted to blame my friends who we bumped into. My asshole friends suddenly bring up my tendency to have casual sex with people in the past and he also asked me to introduce him to the man I used to fuck while his eyes scan my angel. What the fuck he think he did?!

War didn't say anything. His lack of verbal communication may have been a reflection of his belief that he had no right to be mad but his expression already told me everything I needed to know.

After we went to the bookstore and ate, I drove us to my house because War would be sleeping here tonight like he always did. He stayed silent and said nothing. He passed me like I didn't even exist as I was sitting on the sofa, so I grabbed his hand to stop him.

"War," I stood up and held both of his hands.

I bowed my head and let out a sigh. "I'm sorry," I said because I couldn't deny what my friends said was true. I used to sleep with random people that I pick up in the club but that was before I met him. After I met him, for God's sake, I never have a sex with other people than him.

"For what?"

"For..." I didn't continue my words.

"For fuck other people? Not like I never did it," he said flatly.

"War"

"Listen here, baby."

"I have never flirted with other people since I met you, love. I only give my attention to you. I'm sorry because-"

"You don't need to say sorry, Yin. Just forget it."

"I don't have the right to be mad after all," he muttered in a low tone and looked the other direction other than me.

I cupped his face, so our eyes locked to each other. "No, you have the right to be mad, War. I have given you the right since I met you."

"After this, you may encounter a lot of people who would say the same thing about my past but trust me, I only have you now."