①⑦ ~ ƇօƖժ Տաҽɑե

Sarv POV
I watched as the monster bled, I almost thought it had died. Unfortunately, it was back on its feet within seconds. It crawled towards Ruv, ready to kill him. Ruv stepped on it, muttering a string of curses. The monster grew angrier and angrier. It slowly grew bigger and stronger than it ever was before. 

Before I could do anything, it grabbed Ruv by the neck and strangled him. I didn't know what to do at the moment. My eyes darted around the room, my breath quickening. 

"Sarv...*cough*I love you..." Ruv mumbled his last words as his eyes closed. 

Tears trickled down my face as I crouch down. I cup Ruv's face, brushing my thumb against his cheek. 

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

I woke up with cold sweat. That was an absolute nightmare. I glanced around. I was in my room but before this, I was in Carol's apartment. Then, I realised Ruv was sitting beside my bed.

"Are you okay? I heard screams from outside the room and then you started crying," Ruv asked with concern.

"I'm fine. It was just a nightmare," I replied, plastering a fake smile on my face.

"A nightmare where a person can clearly hear screams and cries? C'mon, must've been something extreme. How could you be "fine"?" Ruv said.

"...Why do you care? Why do you care about me?" I asked. He was a criminal after all. He never showed any positive emotions, ever, "And how am I in my room right now when just a second ago, I was in Carol's apartment?"

Ruv took a deep breath and responded, "I care because you care. I carried you here."

I stared into his eyes in silence. I look down, trying to think of what to say next.

"So...do you mind telling me what your nightmare was about?" Ruv questioned.

Silence. I didn't know if I should tell him about it. As I think about the nightmare, I remember when Ruv...died. My eyes became watery but I tried to hold it in. I have a bad habit of bottling up my feelings so I was good at this but this time, it was too much. A tear rolled down my face, then another and another.

"Sarv? Look, if you're not comfortable wi-" Ruv muttered.

I hugged him tightly.

Ruv POV
What? What was this? I didn't know what this gesture was or meant but it felt...nice. I patted her back and she pulled back from the gesture.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"For caring for me," Sarv replied warmly, tears still streaming down.

"Y-You're welcome," I muttered. Why did I stutter?

I let her calm down for a bit. Then, she told me about her nightmare. At the last part, she paused and tears started forming. I wrapped my arm around her to comfort her and she continued. When she finished, I was speechless.

"I thought I'd never be able to see you again," Sarv mumbled.

I wiped her tears. Then, something popped into my mind, "Why do you care for me?"