THEE PARTY

TESSA P.O.V

" you look beautiful." A voice interrupted me as I checked myself on the mirror for the hundredth time.

" You are my dad so you would say that."

"Am not saying just as your dad but as a human being. You look amazing my baby." My dad said kissing my forehead.

"Thank you papa....we heading out?"

" Yah...was just coming to get you. Your siblings were sent to other children and your mother is already in the car."

"Dad...mmh...I have this feeling that something wrong is about to happen, I can't explain it."I nervously stated.

" Maybe is just nerves baby or your wolf feels like they will find your mate today."

" Haha very funny dad. But you might be right."

" Trust me you are going to be fine and always remember, we love you very much and whatever happens we will always support you and if anyone from other packs or vampires harm you, remember, violence is not always the answer."

" Okay papa, let's go."
When we got there, the party had already started but since it was still early, there wasn't that many people. After papa reminded us the safety family rules, we each went our separate ways.

Around midnight,as I was eating another cake when our alpha announced that the alpha king is about to arrive and not more than a minute after he said that, several expensive looking cars arrived. The music stopped and when the king door was being opened so he can step out, everyone started to bow. Something told me I didn't have to bow and I had higher monarchy power than him which didn't make sense but I just shrugged and forced my wolf to bow until we were told to rise.
The party continued and as I was about to turn and go look for another cake, my mother came and grabbed my hand yelling why I wasn't with beta family to welcome the king which honestly I wasn't interested in.

When the king saw me his cold facial expression which it had been there for awhile softened and he smiled at me making even our own alpha look shocked since all the rumors we have ever heard was that the king never smiles.
I bowed respectfully but he just forced me to stand saying it wasn't necessary and extended his hand so I could shake it.
When we shook hands, his smile disappeared and he looked mad tightening his hold on my hand making me whimper. He dropped my hand and stomped away angrily.

" What just happened?" The Luna voiced out everyone question.

"I have never seen him smile." The king beta who was still standing with us said confused.

"Are you guys mates?" Alpha asked me, earning all the attention from our small group.

"No...I don't think so..." I stammered not yet used to attention on me.

"Are you sure because it would explain his expression."the beta king insisted.

Honestly I couldn't answer that question. I was sure he wasn't my mate especially since my wolf would have reacted to him and when we held hands,i could have felt the sparks but I didn't but at the same time I felt familiarity. Like I knew him from somewhere. Like I have seen him. I couldn't explain the feeling of contentment around him and the feeling of trust towards him.

Something just told me I could trust him and he will never hurt me.

"TESA are you okay?" My mum asked in a worried voice interrupting me from my thoughts.

" I have to go, please excuse me." I asked and without waiting for an answer, I disappeared from their view.

I only had one thought in my mind as I looked for the king.

" Have to get answers."