Chapter Forty-eight: no way to live

"When you begin a journey of revenge, start by digging two graves: one for your enemy, and one for yourself."

Chris Omar Vaughn

"I missed this," I whispered to Morgan, my eyes fixed on her breasts.

"I missed you," she replied in her girlish voice, watching me study her body.

I picked my neck up and found her sweet lips, kissing them once more.

"I missed you more," I let out, locking her fingers with mine. That was the most desperate, mushy shit I've ever said to a girl but I meant it, she needed to know how much I hate being apart.

She smiled, driving me wild, leaving me wondering what part of her I was going to invade next.

My finger outlining her nose, I just said whatever came to mind.
"Do you know how much you mean to me?" I asked, my hands roaming from her bodacious breasts to down her soft thigh, the other under her head and wrapped in her hair.

She just giggled, tangling her fingers in my hair as she lied under me, staring between my eyes.

"Seriously, Morgan," I made clear, "you mean something to me."

Before she could say anything back and let me know I didn't just embarrass myself with that confession, my phone rang.

Morgan shot me a suggestive look and grabbed my phone from the bedside stand, seeing who was calling at this time.

I couldn't keep my hands, or lips, off of her, kissing the space between her breasts as she read the caller ID.

"It's AJ." She joked. She had to be joking.

I should've blocked his number, he probably needs a ride or is drunk, trying to apologize, I thought in my head.

"What does he want?" I grumbled, snatching the phone from Morgan's hands.

"Hello?" I roared, standing to angrily pace the room.

"Hey, I know I shouldn't be calling you but I'm at this party and, is this your little cousin?" He rambled. "I just sent a picture."

My jaw clenched as I anxiously waited for the image to load.

It was Kailyn, low and behold, on the couch in sone smoky room at a party where she didn't belong. I shook my head, mad she lied about where she'd be tonight, claiming her cheer team had a movie marathon.

"Yeah," I growled. "that's her. I'll be there."

I hung up on AJ as he tried saying niceties and act like we're fucking cool just because he gave me some information.

In a hurry, I pulled my shorts back on and found a shirt and sneakers to slip into. 

I almost asked Morgan to stay behind but no way she would being that her new pupil's involved. So, I threw one of my tees at her.

"Come on," I rushed, "it's Kailyn!"

Without hesitation, Morgan dressed herself and followed me out of the apartment, barreling to the elevator and finally to my truck.