Chapter Eighty: life is all candy canes and lollipops

"Love conquers all. I do not mean the exhilarating, spell-bound sort of love that temporarily intoxicates us. I mean the profound, unconditional, Christ-like sort of charitable love that endures forever. That love conquers all."

Morgan Ann Bennett

"Okay, so not what I had in mind." I lectured Chris as he helped me with my necklace.

He just laughed and kissed my bare shoulder.

"But," I popped my lips and turned to face him. "I'm happy for Jas."

A smile came across Chris's wet lips. "Mhm. I'm happy for you."

"For me?" My voice went up an octave and nose scrunched.

Chris grabbed my waist. "Yeah. Just because."

"You're too cute, it's sickening." I giggled, standing on my tiptoes to reach his lips and peck them.

Chris pushed his hair back and twirled me around to get a good look. I couldn't stop smiling even after my rosy cheeks began to hurt.

"I love you," Chris said softly, staring at my lips. "like, a lot."

"I love you," I exhaled, throwing my arms over his neck. "so much."

"Ew, get a room!" Cleo busted in, speaking into a megaphone.

"Oh, you are in a room." She laughed it off.

"Your dress is pretty." I complimented her y2k inspired lavender colored lace dress.

"And yours is prettier, be right back, I'm going to change." She sulked out of the room.

"Hold on," Chris spoke up, checking his watch. "we have to go. Now."

"We hAvE tO gO." Cleo mocked Chris.

"Now." I added, laughing with her as we trailed him out of the bedroom.

"Oh, I hate this already." He complained about our newfound friendship.

~~~

"Let's go, go, go, people!" I barked orders at the people who claimed they were professionals.

"I mean, seriously." I tried to be in control but laughed at myself and threw in the clipboard and headset.

"Nice try, shorty," JB crackled. "Where's Chris?"

"Not sure."

"Wanna help me with this tie?" He asked, sticking his head out of his respective tent.

"Sure, why the hell not?" I sighed, skipping towards him.

JB chuckled, lowering himself onto a chair so he was a normal person's height for change.

"I'm gonna be honest," I giggled, making a bow, "I don't know what the hell I'm doing."

"You'll have to learn some day."

I sighed. "How's that look?"

Jabari nudged me and then looked in the mirror. "Looks good enough. I still can't thank you enough for this. I know it's mad early but I love Jas."

"And she loves you, you guys deserve this. Have you thought about the honeymoon?"

"No," he said, "but I know she has so tell me where she wants to go."

I cracked a devious smile. "Okay, she wants to go to Bali!"

"Shit. Can I afford that?"

I twisted my mouth in thought. "Don't worry about it, use our tickets. Malcolm had a place over there and booked a flight. You leave in a couple of days, enjoy it."