Chapter Fifty: shattered with an intense pleasure

"One day you fall for this boy. And he touches you with his fingers. And he burns holes in your skin with his mouth. And it hurts when you look at him. And it hurts when you don't. And it feels like someone's cut you open with a jagged piece of glass."

Morgan Ann Bennett

The sun had gone down to let the moon rise and shine through Chris's loft.

I went through Hell and back trying to get the key from Mary so I could start setting up. It was nothing special, I just tidied up and lit some candles around the loft.

Just to be extra, I got some champagne, strawberries and whipped cream.

Pleased with all I'd done, I bounced around the living room in my robe with a glass of champagne in my hand.

I danced around, listening to Britney Spears's "I'm a Slave 4 U " song played.

My eyes whipped to the time displayed on the oven for the fifth time in under two minutes.

Curious, I got the idea to check his location.

I did a spit take when I saw that he was down the street already.

Oh my God, oh my God, oh My God! I mentally panicked, racing to the bedroom to change.

I reached under the bed and grabbed what I needed, tossing my black Kate Spade weekender bag onto the bed.

Peeling my post-shower robe off, I moisturized the skin I had just gotten waxed earlier in the day.

My eyes widened with sparkle in them as I held the lacy pink underwire cutout thong bodysuit to my body.

In the next instant, I carefully slipped into it and ogled my body in the full mirror parallel to the platform bed.

"Perfect!" I complimented my figure as I turned slightly to look at my ass, rubbing coconut oil over my skin.

If this doesn't make him love me, I don't know what will.

I lightly sprayed the amber fragrance in various spots from my neck, wrists, above the navel, and my ankles.

Lastly, I let my hair fall and brushed out the bouncy curls unlike it was styled to my liking.

"Okay, ready." I breathed out as I puckered my lips in the mirror.

With a deep breath, I checked his location one more time and saw he's in the parking garage.

My heart skipped a beat.

I turned the lights down except for the overheads above his bed, and turned up the music playing from the tracks I had queued.

Before retracting into the darkness where he wouldn't see me, I downed a shot of patron and then went into hiding.

I'm so nervous. It feels like I'm about to have sex for the first time, I talked in my head.

At long last, the keys turned in the lock and I jittered with anxiety.

Chris walked in finally, and chuckled, dropping his bag to the floor.

I quietly laughed through my nose at his reaction.

"Oh, this is what we're doing?" His deep voice asked.