9 | Apologies

【9】

【9

╰┈➤ ❝ [Apologies]

____________________

SITTING ON THE SWING my mind only swirled around the fact that there was only the cold breeze to accompany me. Yet again, I found myself indulging deeper into the unspoken thoughts which penetrated my mind.

Days had passed by without making any contact with the midnight haired male. Though, I don't blame, I blame myself for ignoring his request to know about the darkest secret of myself. Its not that I didn't trust him, I did trust him but at the same time I was scared of so many what ifs.

Dull eyes stared upwards as they stared at the clouds that travelled forward, letting the bright rays of sun bathe the earth. My eyes squinted at the brightness then, I casted them downwards while fiddling with the flip phone in my hand.

My eyes took in the details of the surroundings before closing shut, mouth let a sigh escape. Will my heart ever move forward so the life could this bright too? Would my fate ever experience this jolly glow, too? Ever? Such questions occupied my mind.

My fingers flipped the phone open, dark screen reflecting the bright rays of sun. The thumbs hovered over the keys and type the familiar digits.

The name popped up.

My mind contemplated whether to copy my thoughts onto the text bar, but eventually, the doubtful decision was turned into a command by the heart. So, I obeyed.

'Sorry for the other day... .' the text was sent. Soon after I added another one. 'Hope that the other meet-up would arrive soon :D'

I shut the phone and stared mindlessly at the dirty floor, decorated by the tiny rocks and pebbles. I'm sure there would be around 1000 rocks if I counted. a useless thought invaded my mind which soon became irrelevant when my phone vibrated.

Without wasting any second I opened it. 'What do you mean?' was his reply.

'You know what I'm talking about.' I hit the send button.