24 | It's You

જ⁀➴ 24

જ⁀➴ 24

⇢ ˗ˏˋ it's you ࿐ྂ

heaven, when I held you again
how could we ever just be friends?
I would rather die than let you go
juliet to your romeo❞

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

A WAVE OF SILENCE passed by, causing nervousness to suffocate her.

"Someone that I like?" he repeated, earning a nod from the brunette. "I like many people." he answered which caused Haruka to mentally face palm.

"No, I mean....as in romantically." she stared at him with a ray of hope.

Regret slowly began to creep in Haruka. Had she known it was going to be this awkward, she would've avoided it at every cost.

"No. I don't like anyone." he spoke after a while.

"Oh..." her eyes casted downwards as disappointment enveloped her. If he likes no one, that includes me too, right?

"Why would you ask?" he raised his brow at her. "Do you...?"

She believed it could get more awkward, so she decided to answer, "There's someone that I like."

Baji's whole body stiffened at her words.
his nails into his palm. "Who?"

"There's a boy... He's very caring," she began and she studied his expressions. Waiting for a hint. "He's a bit reckless," she thought about all those moments when Baji acted out of impulse. "But also sweet, loyal and honest," a small smile sneaked up to her face. "He's...the best."

He exhaled loudly and then raked his fingers through his charcoal locks. "The best , huh?" he turned to face her. "I'm glad you found someone so amazing. Just as you deserve, Haruka."

The way he said her name so softly, made her heart clench.

"Aren't you going to ask who that is?"

After a few seconds of silence, he replied. "No." and then in a barely audible voice he added. "It's for his own good."