21| The Truth

જ⁀➴ 21

જ⁀➴ 21

⇢ ˗ˏˋ the truth ࿐ྂ

When our fingertips
touched unexpectedly,
the loneliness suddenly
disappeared. ❞ - I Will by Chelsy

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃꒷♡꒷▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

THE RAVEN HAIRED MALE listened to her pain filled words. His fists clenched until his palms were bruised and at that moment, he regretted giving Draken a beating less than he deserved. He should've broken a bone or two.

Away from his sight, Haruka's eye shed a tear as she recalled the horrible events of that day.
"Then Emma was murdered and all blame was put on me," her voice shook and this time Baji couldn't look the other way anymore.

Despite her poor attempt to keep him from looking at her, he turned around and embraced her while she suppressed her tears and cursed herself. Why did I accept that I was one at fault. What was I so stupid? Is love that blind? Is hopelessness that misleading?

Baji clenched his jaw, the new found range swirled inside of him but he didn't say a word, instead he stroked her hair in a warm and gentle manner and then slowly rested his cheek on top of her head.

The comfort which Haruka find in his embrace reminded her of home. Despite never having experienced it, she could surely say that that was how you feel like you belong.

He heard her entire story quietly. "I killed myself and then s-somehow...ended up here," she buried her head deeper in his chest. How many times had I cried in front of him? I don't even know but it's pathetic. Why do I aways end up crying in front of him? Her grip on his shirt then tightened.

"I ended up killing myself. " that sounds absurd but I care no more. I just want to let it out. I just want someone to hear me out.

They both sat in silence, hearing the ticking of the clock and breaths of each other. For Haruka, it was comforting.

As for Baji, he ws coming up with various scenarios about how to corner Draken so he could beat the shit out of him.

"I should've bruised his other eye too." the raven haired male's regretfulvoice uttered after a while.

Haruka held back a laugh. She lifted up her head to stare into his honey coloured eyes and said, "What you did for me was enough, Baji. When you showed up into my life, everything went smooth for me." her lips curved into a smile.

"I didn't do anything," Baji replied, breaking off the eye contact with a frown. "You should give yourself some credit too, you understand?"

She blinked. "I could say the same for you," Baji helped her a lot and it would be stupid to deny it in her opinion. "And I want to pay you back for it."

His eyes snapped back towards her. He was disappointed.

"Return the favour? I don't do shit so someone could pay me back so, stop." he was about to turn around and settle himself on his mattresses but the action was stopped when Haruka grabbed his hand.

"Why are you saying that?" her face dropped into that of sadness and frustration. "I really mean it. Even if you didn't help me on purpose, I want to do something for you. Something to make you happy or even smile."

The midnight haired male halted his actions for a second longer and then finally looked into her eyes, only to get greeted with pure genuineness.

He sighed but began to think of something.

Haruka waited patiently. She would do anything he ask her to. She just couldn't use someone even if it was not on purpose.

Her eyes lifted up and saw his lips forming into a smile-no, she wouldn't call it a smile.

It was a smirk.

Then the ravenette finally said, "There's something you could do." his gaze dropped on her hand which was holding his'. Upon noticing that, she tried to retrieve it to its previous spot.

But Baji was quicker than that. He grabbed her hand back and then very slowly interlocked his fingers with Haruka's.

She stared at their hands, flustered. My heart feels like its going to jump out of my chest.

He then leaned in and said, "Call me by my first name from now on."

She gulped but nodded.

"Say it." he demanded.

The sudden drop in his tone made her too nervous. It wasnt something she experienced before.

Ignoring the proximity between them, she murmured, "Kei-um...Keisuke."

He then leaned back and said with a grin. "You did good."

After this interaction she was fearing one thing.

She was fearing whether the feeling which she was ignoring until now was starting to resurface. The feeling which could ruin everything they had going on.

Her fear had come true.

Haruka had realised and accepted the fact that she viewed Baji as more than a friend

She didn't plan on falling for him and she was embarrassed that she did.

"What are you thinking about?" she heard him ask.

Lifting her eyes up, she noticed Baji's head tilted as his curiosity filled eyes stared into hers. She wondered if the interlocked fingers made him nervous or not.

Then she also wondered whether she should confess right now or should keep neglecting the feelings. The situation felt right, there was no one to interrupt them and he even asked her to call him by his first name.

"I.. ." the rest of her words died down in her throat. "If you find it weird then ignore it.. .. but actually I just wanted to say that...I..." she cursed herself. Why weren't the words coming out.

She exhaled deeply and muttered. "Nevermind. Its.. nothing." I just accepted the feelings myself so it wouldn't appropriate..

Baji on the other hand just stared at her for a few seconds before finally believing her words.

"If you say so."

She nodded and forced a smile. "I think it's late and we should go to sleep now," she waited for him to let go off her he didn't. "Good night." she added, slightly pulling at her hand.

That woke him out of his trace. "Ah..right."

When she thought he'd finally remove his possessive grip off her, he did the opposite. Lifting up her hand which was still interlocked with his', he pressed a soft kiss against the back of her hand while maintaining the eye contact.

"Sweet dreams, Haruka."

Baji was wrong to think that Haruka was going to get any sleep after that.

________________