30. Following Dreams

'I don't wanna study this', I had said
Please listen, I want to do this instead
"That is hard. You will fail but if you want, go ahead"
If they had denied, I could have plead
But now the sword of fear of failure was hanging over my head
With my dreams crushed and the inner me dead
I went back to studies, that boring book I read
How stupid kings went behead
With whom, they decided to wed
How and why did they cause all the bloodshed
In France's old regime, What was the price of bread
When I felt tired, I lay hopelessly on my plain bed
As I felt myself drowning in guilt and dread
Then, I realized, I was so misled
I took my decision, but their support was thinner than thread
In me, for them, hatred highly spread
I then just thought about the future me, when I would have my own shed
And then...at midnight, with only a note left behind, from that jail I fled

************

Hey there, my lovely poem lovers! Here is another Saturday update for you guys by your favorite poet, DrishKing008. Hope you enjoyed this poem.

In this poem, I have again told a story. A teenager told his family that he isn't interested in studies and has other plans for his future. The clever family didn't deny his plea so that they don't look evil, instead, they used the element of fear of failure in the teen. If you tell a teen repeatedly that he IS going to fail, then, he would fail because of the negativity he was subjected to. After all, not everyone is strong enough to protect their mind from the negative thoughts of failure. Soon, the teen's mind gives in and accepts that indeed, he can never succeed. 

In the story, the teen realizes this trick used by his family. He realizes that he was just misled and he can succeed, no matter what they say. So, he pursues his dream but isn't shown any support. The family stops using tricks when they fail and bluntly shows that he isn't allowed to do what he dreams of. The teen finally sees the actual side of them and began hating them.

But he isn't ready to let his dreams die. He thinks and makes a decision. After he had realized that he was living in a jail and not a home, and had begun hating his family for their unfair ways, he thinks about his future, about his successful future. He finally runs away from his home to achieve his dreams with nothing left behind except a note, no guilt, no dread, just a piece of paper.

Now, I haven't told whether he succeeded or not and there is a reason behind it. Success or failure doesn't matter, only the efforts do. Every failure is just a lesson, it trains you to win, so you never really lose. All that matters is you tried and made an effort. If you failed, just try again until you succeed.

Now, I want to thank you all for over 500 views! I am really happy. This poem collection is currently sitting on 523 views. It is driving me crazy. This collection officially has more views than any other publication of mine, whether it be a one-shot story, short story, or a long novel, this poem collection's views have outnumbered every creation of mine. It's my most successful project so far and I can't be any happier. So, a big thank you to all of you for sticking with this collection for so much time. I won't let you down! I feel touched by all the support...bsrjfdhgiwh. I don't even know what to say. Just Thanks a lot!

See you Soon!