40. Why God?

Hey god, did you forget me?
I am that girl who earlier wasn't bound but free
Who used to fly on her own will, like a bee
Who didn't know or care about the bitter reality
With positive thoughts, who always used to agree

I am that same girl, who chanted your name
Who in her room argued to have your photo frame
You, as her superhero and guide, who used to claim
Ya, this depressed teen and that jolly girl are the same
You don't guide me now, do you find me lame?

Why did you leave, when I needed you the most?
I am drowning right now and you are just standing at the coast
Not bothering to protect me from depression, the real ghost
Help, it has taken me over almost

Earlier I used to see your signs, now I am looking for them
Looking for your hand to hold to pull myself out of this mayhem

You left me alone
What had I done?
I just grew up and got pulled into this cyclone
And on my side, I have got no one

////////////

Hey there my lovely poem lovers! DrishKing008 is back with another poem for you guys this Saturday. I have also got some really bad news to share.

First, the poem. In this poem, I have portrayed the feelings of a teenage girl. When we were little kids, we used to be so attached to God and had faith in him. No matter what happened, we used to think 'God is there. I don't need to worry. He will handle it for me'. But now? We are hopeless and have lost faith in literally everything. We, teens, have anxieties, depression, and whatnot. Every mental illness is with us and this is not something to be proud of. 

Puberty has hit us like a thunderstorm and God seems to have disappeared, leaving us on our own. I don't know about you guys, but this girl feels alone, deserted, and betrayed. God had been her forever trustee and backup plan but that option is no longer available. She feels as if she had been given punishment for a deed she isn't aware of doing. 

The fact that god was with her when she was happy and not constantly fighting depression and has vanished when she actually needed some help is rubbing salt upon her wounds. The feeling of betrayal makes her more and more devastated. The loneliness just adds to the pile of issues she has been carrying on her back since puberty smacked her hard on the face.

Now, we are ridiculously close to 900 views but...I am still not happy. This brings us to the bad news. I have recently changed my phone and in the process, some data got lost...That 'data' is 7 to 10 long poems that I hadn't copied here. So, those poems are lost...forever...The saddest part is that two out of those poems were my favorites and now, I have no idea how to recover from this loss. There seems to be no way to get them back and I am just devastated about it.

There is no use to cry over split milk. So, Vote, Comment, and whatever. I am just not in the mood for a happy outro. 

Also, my exams are almost around the corner. So, I might miss some updates due to lack of time or I might do bonus updates because I write more poems when I am stressed.

Another announcement, a happy one, surprisingly. I have recently published a new one-shot story 'Guilty Or Not...?' So, feel free to check it out. It would mean a lot to me. It also exposes a serious issues like the ones I cover up in my poems. So, I thought you might enjoy the emphasis with a humourous, mysterious, and thrilling twist. All types of feedback are welcomed with open arms and highly appreciated. 

See you Soon!!!