32. Your Reaction...

You saw the symptoms, yet didn't care
And for showing them, pushed me into despair
Scolded me for not keeping my mental healthcare
Even my depression, you started to compare
And didn't try to know, with you, why I didn't share
But didn't ask yourself, why you weren't aware
Or why you didn't perform better at childcare
Or when I needed you, you were where
You never noticed when I trembled under your glare
Even on seeing my state, me, you didn't spare
I was just a child when you became my nightmare
Then, my insecurities started showing everywhere
I was happy when you left me at daycare
Because then you were present nowhere
To the world, my insecurities you did declare
My mental state, you didn't try to repair
My personal issues, you only helped to flare
To help me even a bit, you didn't dare
Oh ya! But you totally show me care 

*************

Hey there, my lovely poem lovers! I am back with another Saturday update for you guys. I almost missed this update because I had been working on a new one-shot mystery/thriller story for a competition and today was the last day for submission. So, I have been pretty busy with that story. Its title is 'Detective Wilbur Horace', you can check it on my profile if any of you is interested. I spent an hour making the cover and I am pretty proud of it.

I am trying for a new cover for this poem collection too because...let's be honest it stinks.

Enough self-promotion done. Now, to the poem. In this poem, I imagined a reaction. It's the reaction of a parent upon knowing that his/her child has been suffering from depression for a long time. It's the reaction imagined by the child.

The parent saw the symptoms all along, yet didn't care about the child, instead, he scolds him for showing those symptoms as if it was the child's fault. Trust me, it happens a lot of times. Upon confession, he scolds the child/teen why he didn't tell him earlier, instead of asking himself why he, being the parent wasn't aware of his child's issues. He even starts comparing his depression, saying that it's not the worst and other people have it much more complicated. Ya, says the one who doesn't know a thing about depression. Remember, 'The one drowning in ten feet of water is as dead as the one drowning in twenty feet'.

He was never there when the child needed him. This led to a lot of buried emotions, confused feelings, and a lot more which added to and to some extent caused the child's depression. On top of it, being so strict that he couldn't talk to him about anything happening in his life, how did he even expect that it won't lead to depression and the child should have told him about depression earlier. He became the child's nightmare. He made him insecure and further, instead of helping him with his issues, not limited to just depression, he instead flared them up, declared all the child's weak points to the world as a joke, shattering his confidence which lead to him not able to socialize with anyone. No friends lead to loneliness which added to the pile of issues he was facing. Instead of comforting him or helping him, telling him that it was all okay, he scolded him and acted so insensitive that the child regretted opening his mouth and is firm that he won't repeat the mistake again.

Now, A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE to all of you. With this poem, and this incredibly happy mood I have created by these dark thoughts, let's together say a final good bye to the dark 2022 and welcome 2023. Let's see how many more dark thoughts we can share with each other in the next year.

Vote, Comment and Share this poem, it's my new year's gift, you can't decline today.

With that enlightening speech by your favourite poet(Ya, that's me), I would like to conclude by saying...

See you soon!