35. Failure

Failure is eating me inside
It makes me lose my own pride
Somewhere alone, I want to hide
The first time, I feel the need for a guide
To survive the guilt coming as a tide

I am just a teen
Not a machine
To me, this failure seems mean
To meet it, I am not at all keen
I don't wanna die of hopelessness at thirteen

I am no expert at handling defeat
Broken, I take lonely walks on the street
My heart refuses to repeat the beat
As flames inside me, my confidence eat
I just can't handle this heat...

************

Hey there, my lovely poem lovers! Here is a short bonus update for you guys. Today was my last exam, I also got results of some of them and I wrote this poem...I think I need not say more.

Anyways, this short poem provided a glimpse of the effect failure has on the mind of a teen. Handling failure is necessary and really awful at the same. But you can't run from it, you have to face it. 

This poem was simple yet deep and touching, I think. That's the reason I am quite fond of it.

This poem is also a celebratory gift to you all (A really bright and joyful gift, I know, thank you very much). It was my way to say THANK YOU FOR 700 VIEWS. No joke, this poem collection has broken all personal records of mine. I mean my most viewed story (which is also the worst and trash one)stands at 500 views and this collection...just...I don't have any words to express how happy I am with the insane growth of this collection. I mean, 700 views, for this? No offence but, either I underestimate my poems or you guys have a not-so-great taste, or maybe we depressed souls just absorb all types of negative thoughts, dark poems and in general depressed writings we can get our hands on. Ya, maybe that's the reason.

I also wanted to announce that my book 'Detective Wilbur Horace' is available as a paperback as well as an e-book on Amazon. So, go check out my blog or the announcement of the story version published on Wattpad or the pinned message upon my profile for more information.

You can show me your support by giving honest reviews and feedback on the amazon page of my book to help boost my book in the amazon algorithm. It would mean a lot to me and take literally two seconds. (I do some unhealthy amount of self-promotion here. I seriously need to stop)

You know what else takes just two seconds? Pressing that vote button below and writing a comment, and sharing the poem...That might take a bit more than two seconds but...Come on, you gotta do all that. It's compulsory if you want to be the part of us depressed souls.

And as always,

See you next Saturday!