31. Real Pain

I know what truly is pain
Not every time your tears cause a rain
You do try to control them in vain
But that is the very first stage of this domain

The last stage, I did obtain
This messes a lot with your brain
It makes your feelings go totally plain
And all you can feel is just pain

You feel like someone is beating you with a chain
That too, again and again
Continuous heartbeat is hard to maintain
After a while, you don't even bother to complain
These all are the consequences of real pain

Have you ever locked yourself in a room alone?
Then, stared at the mirror with eyes like stone
Looking at that hopeless girl, which is your very clone
Begging your tears to not get shown
When you are in the so-called 'numb' zone
The only shoulder you can cry upon is your own

If not, you don't know what truly is pain
It isn't pain when your happiness doesn't sustain
It's when the will to live, you don't contain
All other pains are comparatively mundane
In this life's rough terrain
When only your sorrows remain
That my friends! Is the real pain

************

Hey there my dear poem lovers! Merry Christmas to all of you! I am aware that this is Sunday and I have already published the Saturday update yesterday. This is a gift to all of you for Christmas. Ya, that's how you celebrate Christmas, by reading these depressing poems, totally normal.

In this poem, I have talked about real pain. Many times when we face small obstacles in life, we think that we are suffering from very much pain. We think that we are the only one going through that much pain, and we ignore the pain of other people. But, they might be going through much more pain than us. They might be hiding it for our sake. You never know how much pain someone is going through, so, never say that someone is the happiest person and you wish to be him, because 'The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do'. Bright smiles hide a lot more secrets than you can ever imagine.

I have talked about real pain in the poem. It's a realization that often comes when teens grow. They realize that what they thought to be immense pain, isn't even real pain. I have tried my best to explain real pain in the poem. According to me, when you are standing in front of the mirror, and begging yourself to just hold your broken pieces together, telling yourself again and again that it is all going to be fine when you know it's a white lie, that is some real, heart-wrenching pain.

But it's just an idea, real pain has many aspects and all of them can't be covered in just a single poem. I have tried my best to cover as many issues as possible while explaining them briefly yet in-depth. Sounds a bit complicated, I know.

A thing I wanted to show in the spotlight was that tears don't measure pain. A lot of pain, sort of overloads your emotion so that you can't even cry. One might smile brightly and laugh with everyone, and deep down he might be totally broken and hopeless, surrounded by dark thoughts. Also, loneliness is a different kind of pain that hits hard. It is really painful when you don't have anyone to comfort you in dark times except yourself.

So, when you say that things can't get any worse and you are handling the greatest amount of pain possible, just think...is it really the truth...?

Now, for my Christmas gift, I would settle for a Vote and Comment. Hope you will make my Christmas too. Share the poem to spread this dark thought on Christmas, so that everyone knows we are all crazy lunatics.

See you Soon! And once again, Merry Christmas!