Chapter Thirty-Nine

"the person you are meant to be with will be fascinated by you... completely and breathtakingly fascinated by you."

- butterflies rising

Oli's POV

There's an unfamiliar weight on my chest when I rouse from sleep and it takes a moment to figure out what it is. Sunlight floods into the room thanks to curtains that were left open. I blink my eyes open after a few seconds and tilt my chin down to look at the person curled against me.

My Luna Baby.

My heart fills with warmth just at the sight of her. She's cuddled against my chest, her cheek squashed against my skin. Then I realise that she's wearing my shirt and nothing but my shirt.

Oh. Shít.

Heat floods my cheeks as all the memories of last night resurface. My eyes fall closed. It was perfect. We didn't even go all the way, and yet I don't feel even slightly unsatisfied. I'm not pining for more. How could I? Anything and everything Luna ever gives me will always be more than enough. A single kiss from her, and I'm weak at the knees.

I love her more than words could ever explain.

Gently, I lift my hands to trace her spine with my fingertips. Her breathing is soft against my chest, and I watch, mesmerised just by her existence. I decide right then, in this moment, that today is the day I take her on a date. I know almost everything there is to know about this girl, so I have to make sure it's perfect. She shouldn't expect anything less.

Slowly, Luna starts to stir in her sleep. After a few moments, her eyes open and she moves her head to stare up at me through long eyelashes. Her lips curve up into a smile that takes the breath straight from my lungs.

"Good morning, my love," She murmurs sleepily, nuzzling her face into the crook of my neck.

My chest aches with an overwhelming amount of joy. My love.

Angling my head down, I press a kiss to the crown of her head, "Good morning, Luna baby."

She smiles against my skin, "Baby is right. I slept like a baby last night."

I can't help myself. "I'm not surprised. It seems I tired you out."

She lifts her hand to hit my chest softly as she gasps, her head shooting up. Her eyes are wide as she scolds, "Oli King!"

I grin and quickly wrap my arm around her waist so that I can easily flip us over, leaving her laying beneath me. Still almost naked. I let my eyes lazily sweep over her figure as I drawl, "Don't act as though you didn't enjoy it."

Her chin tips up in defiance, "It was you that was whimpering and begging though, wasn't it, Oli?"

I just smile, lowering my head so that my nose brushes hers, "Very true. You make me weak, Luna baby."

She frowns, "What? I don't want to do that, I-"

I shake my head softly, interrupting her, "I mean that in the best way, baby. When it's just you and me, I'm weak. But you're also my strength. You've always pushed me to be the best that I can be."

Luna smiles. "Ditto." Leaning down to kiss her, she suddenly turns her head, blocking me from doing so. "I have morning breath!"

I frown, "What?"