~2~

Mahi enters the room of Manini and see her folding some clothes with a poker face.

Mahi smiles and hug her from behind.

"No!! It won't work today!! I am not gonna talk to you today Mahi!!", She said removing his hold and moving further but stops...when she feel a pull.

She turns around...only to find Mahi holding her saree pallu...just like he used to do when he was a little child.

Mahi....who never got to live his life as kid. The one...who always behaved so mature....mature than his age...!! He wasn't demanding....and instead he fulfilled every demand of his brothers.

Manini remembered everything at once...the past started revolving in front of her eyes.

It wasn't like she didn't ask but Mahi was......just Mahi!! The boy, she never saw playing or taking interest in anything, until it was few years ago!! How he got interested in cricket was still a puzzle for her....but for once she was thankful to his school coach....who guided him...and somewhat introduce her a little of his childhood!!

"I am sorry Maa!! I...I just needed some time!!",he said in small voice making Manini sigh and she hugged him tightly.

"You always have your own way", Mahi who was hugging her tightly to get her warmth just smiles hearing her.

"I missed you Mom", Manini kissed his head.

"Me too Bachcha".

"But no-one loves us",said Rohit suddenly and sits at the edge of the bed while palming his chin.

Mahi chuckles looking at Rohit and move towards him.

He ruffled Rohit hair... making him hug Mahi.

"I missed u most Bhai!! More than Vi...or even Maa for that matter.... because they both...keep scolding me...and u were not here to defend me!!",said Rohit looking at Mahi with innocent making Virat roll his eyes.

Mahi just kissed his head and hug him lovingly.

"Ok!! Now come..Mahi...u need to have your lunch!! You must be hungry", asked Manini to which Mahi nodded and move towards his room.

Mahi enters his room to freshen up. When he comes out from the bathroom...his eyes automatically around the room. Everything was same as it was before 2 years.

He smiles and leaving the towel on the bed, he move towards a large portrait, having the picture of three of them. Both of them hugging him. He caressed Virat's picture and at the same time...felt a hand touching his feet.

He looks down to find Virat bowing down. He hurriedly pulls him up and hold his both shoulder.

"Are u mad!!?? ",he asks and then hugged him.

Virat just hugged him tightly making Mahi ruffle his hair.

"Cheeku!!How are u bacha!!??"
"I missed you Bhai", Mahi knew that Virat wasn't just talking about his absence..!!

"I know....I...I am Sorry Cheeku".

"Don't be Bhaiya!!I knew...ur pain were much larger!! I am just happy...that you are finally back",Mahi smiles and separates from the hug.

He pats Virat's cheek lovingly.

"Bhaiya!! How was the series!!?? You have taken holiday right!!??"

"Cheeku... Actually...the thing is...",Mahi stutters while telling him the truth.

"World Cup is around the corner!! That's why...I can't takes off from the series!! I...I needed to be there Cheeku!! I am...just here till festival", Mahi said looking at him at intervals.