~21~

With the new dawn, brought a new morning in everyone's life.

Virat opens his eyes...and just stretch himself while turning around.

He feels someone's hand resting in his hair, that makes him open his eyes while his face was still buried in the pillow.

"It..can't happen!!", that was the first thought that came in his mind. He sat up in jerk.

He slowly turns around...and his eyes widen.

Was it real? Is he really here..Is he really back??!!??

He slowly touch his hand, fearing that he will disappear...but he was there.

He grips his hand, not realising the drop of tears that fall from his eyes.

He holds his hand in his and rests his forehead on them.

It was really happening. His brother was there. He lost his voice, not able to utter anything.

Mahi was sleeping uncomfortably in the sitting position only, while his head was hanging loosely on the headboard.

Virat's eyes were stuck on his brother's pale face.

The dark circles around his eyes were telling another story. For the first time, he seemed extremely weak to Virat.

"Wasn't he taking care of himself there???", And at once, all the memories rushed back to his mind.

He stood up in jerk and looks at his brother for sometime. He wiped his tears harshly, before storming out from there, not realising that, those sound were enough to break Mahi's slumber.

As Mahi woke up, he rubbed his forehead. For the first time in years, he felt fresh. He slept..even if it was for short time, atleast...it was a peaceful sleep.

He looks around and realise the surroundings.

He then looked around for Virat, but didn't find him.

So, he got fresh and moves down...only to find everyone waiting in the dining area.

He stops on the stairs only...and looked at everyone. They were smiling and talking among themselves.

"Why is he here again? They were happy..and...they will be happy again!!", That's what Mahi thought looking at everyone, except one who was missing....Virat.

He again looks around, but didn't found him anywhere.

Rohit noticed him..and with a wide smile, he move towards Mahi.

"Bhai!! Come!! We were waiting for you only. Let's have breakfast!!", He said dragging Mahi.

Mahi sat down at his usual place...and that brought smile on everyone's face.

"Mahi!! I have made all your favourites today!! See...Biryani..you like it so much right!!", She started serving him everything, while Mahi focus wasn't there anymore.

He again looks back, towards Virat's room..and everyone noticed it.

They smiles at him...and somehow Manini gets teary.

"Why she did that....!!? She was blaming him, when all that mattered to Mahi ever was...their family!!", She said and ruffle his hair, making him look at her.

"Eat!!", She said lovingly, making him nod his head. Manini realised how Mahi has changed over the years.

He has become the silent boy again, who hardly speaks anything.

"Ohh!! Where is Vii!!?", Asked Rohit making Mahi internally relieved.

"He must have gone out!!", answered Anushka playing along.