~6~

"You are nothing without us"
"Look at him.. trying to be a hero!! But here..u are one of us!!"

"Like us, your parents also left you!! You were burden to them like us!!"

"Beta!! Can u call me Mom!?"
"You are nothing without us Mahi!! You reached here because of us!!"

"I curse the day you came into our life!! My Sourabh..was on verge of depression because of you!"

"Enjoy these moments because..soon you will be left with nothing!!"

"I love you most Bhaiya!!"

"Mahi Bhai will protect you both Cheeku-Ro!!"

"Mahi!! We have time right!!I love you Mahi..I can't afford to lose you!!"

"You are nothing without us!!"

"You are alleged for fixing...and the Person who was accused with you..was found dead!!"

"You are their prime suspect!!"

Mahi closed his ears to stop the voices echoing in his head one by one!!

The voices of Orphanage kids, Yamini, Sourabh, Manini... making him feel breathless.

He was shivering sitting in a corner with his knees close to his chest..with his hands covering ears.

He hide his face between his knees, shivering and sweating badly.

"Bhai!!Bhaiya..!!Mahi Bhaiya!!",still shivering..he looks up to find the harsh knock on door.

He somehow..with shivering hands..moves inside the bathroom.

He wash his face... splashing water again and again.

He looks into the mirror..unable to recognise himself anymore.

He tried to smile but..that only made him feel more pathetic.

"Bhaiya!! You okay!! Please open the door..plss!!",this time Rohit requested in pleading voice.

So suppressing every emotions, he opens the door.

He finds Virat and Rohit.. standing in front of him worriedly.

He gave them a small smile which didn't reach his eyes.

Suddenly..Virat and Rohit hugged him.

And maybe..it was their hug only...which made him feel a little better.

So he hugged them more tightly in response... making Virat and Rohit at each other in concern.

"Are you okay Bhai!!", Mahi wiped the tear which rolled down his eyes unknowingly.

"I am fine....!!",he answered.
"I will be fine as long as you both are with me!!",he thinks in his mind.

He separate from the hug and looks at them while holding their hands..taking the much needed strength from them.

"I...",he takes a deep breath to stabilize himself.

"I..will go down..and see the arrangement!!",he said moving away from them.

And for the first time in years, Virat felt scared..scared of Mahi's behaviour.

"Something is wrong..very very wrong Ro!!",he whispered, worrying the already tensed Rohit more.

But they joined Mahi...who was trying to talk with one of their guest. Although, he was looking so messed up, tired and pale..that Virat cannot help but get teary on his brother's condition.