~8~

NO PROOF READING...!!

Mahi adore the scene...where Rohit was lying on Virat's chest...and Virat's hand was unknowingly moving in his hair.

Mahi enters inside and sat on the edge of the bed..!!

He let out a small smile and ruffled Rohit's hair.

He ruffled Virat's hair as well, making him awake in the process.

"Bhaiya!!", he called and gave a small smile to Mahi...which was fake and Mahi knew it..as he could look through Virat anytime. He caressed his cheeks trying to capture his smiling face forever in his heart.

"Are you ok?", Asked Mahi to which Virat smiles and says.

"I should ask you the same", Mahi turns silent on his reply and his smiles faded.

"I..I needed to talk to you something!",. Virat nodded at his statement.

"I..have to go tomorrow as they need...my presence for the case!!", He didn't know how to continue his trailing words.

Virat smiles and moves to sit beside him. He keeps his head on his shoulder.

"I know..u will be proved innocent very soon..and u will join back the team. That spot will always be empty for you!! But yes...in your absence, I will take care of the things the way you want!!", Mahi just hugged him with one arm pulling him closer and kissing his hair.

"Why is it so hard to say those words to you Cheeku!! From where should I bring that strength!?? My strength lies in you...but today..I cannot ask you to give me that strength as well..!!", He thinks in his mind and again let out a shaky breath.

"I...am leaving cricket forever Cheeku!!",he finally whispered making Virat still in the hug.

His holds tighten on Virat getting no response from him. On the other hand, Virat was contemplating if he really heard things right!!His hold weakens on his brother.

"I am... leaving cricket....and this home as well!!", He repeated making Virat come out of his stupor and break the hug.

He looks at Mahi for any traces of joke, but got nothing other than a blank expression.

"Wha...What are you saying Bhaiya!!?We...we will prove you innocent soon!! You are joking right!! Yah...Yah!! Why would you leave me!!? You can't live without me...just like I can't...Right!!?? Bhaiya!! It's night...go and sleep, otherwise you will get ill!!", He stood up but before he can move away from there, Mahi again made him sit beside him.

This time Mahi turn towards him and says.."Cheeku!! Hear me out once..Please---"

"I don't want to!! Why should I??", He shouts and again tries to move away but Mahi hugged him, trying to take away his Cheeku's pain.

Virat broke down in the hug only. His sobs were breaking Mahi's already broken heart.

"Hush!! Bachcha!! You know that I can't see tears in your eyes...!!"

"Then why are you becoming the reason of my tears!!",he heard the reply.

"I... Don't say so Virat!! I won't be able to forgive myself...ever!!", says Mahi.

"Why Bhai!! Everything was fine!! Yesterday only, we celebrated this festival together after so many years..and today you are..say... saying this!! Why!!?", composing himself Virat asked him separating from the hug.

"Virat!! Promise me!!You will never ask me the reason behind this!! Not to me...not to anyone else in the house!!", he asks him forwarding his hand. He knew if Virat comes to know about things, the other relations will be shredded in pieces...and he never wants that.