~11~

Sakshi didn't remember, how long she was sitting on the couch...!! She tried to make him open the door...but she got no answer in return.

Finally, she sat on the couch and covers her face with her hands, sobbing silently.
She didn't realise how things turned so ugly.

Her mind travels back to few weeks ago, when she followed Mahi, as she saw him leaving silently from the house. She knew instantly something is wrong with him as he seemed in hurry as well as worried at that moment.

Flashback Starts

Mahi reached the cafe where Manini has called him, unknown to the fact that Sakshi has been following him all the while.

Sakshi saw Mahi stopping in front of one of the table. However, before she could confront him, she saw Manini..and hence choose to be beside his husband at that moment.

She sat few tables away from him from where their voices were clearly audible.

"Mom!! You called me!?", After a long silence, Mahi asked.

For some reason, he wasn't feeling nice about the meeting.

Manini sighed.!! "Want to order your breakfast...I am going to order!!", She if ired his words in monotonous voice and ordered the food.

After years, he was feeling uncomfortable in her presence. Still, he started eating silently...waiting for her to say something.

"Take little more of it!! You must have a healthy breakfast", she said adding more Chapati to his plate.

"No Mom!! It's okay!!", He tried to stop her.

"Nope!! Eat...so that I also have my breakfast in a proper manner!! Haven't eaten well in few days...umm...most probably after you left the home!!", She said, and Mahi couldn't stop but notice the sarcasm in her voice.

"Uhuh!! Eat Mahi!!", She said breaking his stupor who doesn't feel like taking a bite more.

He gulped his lump and drinks the water. They finished their breakfast silently.

They sat in silence until Manini broke it.

"Mom!!", He called her in a hesitating voice.

"What about your case?!!", She asked again cutting him in between.

Mahi was now sure that something was extremely wrong..!!

"They...they are still investigating!! They have..got something!!", he replied.

His hand were tightly clutched on the table.

"So....you will be..back to home..soon!!?", She asked him.

Mahi, somehow can't help but smile a little in reply.

"Don't come back.......!!!", Her words were like a thunder striking on him.

"This time....forever", she added in low voice, making him numb.

Sakshi who heard this, just cupped her face. However, she couldn't confront her or his husband at that moment.

Manini looked at his neutral expression and herself got teary. But she couldn't do anything of her insecurity, which was killing her everyday. However, she was ignorant of the fact that, she killed another innocent soul that day..once again!!

She killed him first time asking him to leave her house for time being, but still he was hopeful that he will be back. Those days were hard, more than he thought to be...but still he stood strong, with the hope that he will be back one day!!