~3~

"Enjoying without me Manini", came a voice not so welcomed by everyone.

But one person just froze hearing that voice...which somehow used to bring painful memories back in his mind.

Manini smiles..and moves to her sister.
She hugged her while saying.."Yamini!! I missed you!! I hope you did too!!"

"Oh yes!! Otherwise I won't have been here".

"Come!! We are having our dinner!! Join us!!", asked Manini to which Yamini gratefully obliged.

She moves to the dining hall...and sat beside Virat while ruffling his and Rohit's hair.

They smiled a bit.
"Ah!! Yami!! Sourabh didn't come!!", asked Manini while chewing her food. On the other hand, Mahi slowers down his speed and hears the conversation. He didn't meet anyone's eyes after Yamini entry, and was sitting silently while eating his food.

"No!! Actually, he and Dona have gone to vacation..so yeah!!", said Yamini and her eyes automatically moved to Mahi.

She felt emotions of both enrage and pity towards the boy.

"And Virat!! How is everything going in ICT",she asked to her favourite nephew.

Virat smiled slightly and answers.."Everything is okay Masi!! We are just preparing for the World Cup!!"

"Hmm!! I hope....u will continue in team!! Your spot is the fixed right!!",asked Yamini making Mahi swallow his lump hearing her question.

"Make sure of it!! Although, even being in form..many people had been removed in past..but---"

"Yami!! Please!!", She got silent hearing her sister, whose expression somehow turned stern.

Mahi silently ate and stand up to go.

"Mahi!!", Called Yamini.
He turned stiff at his place..but instantly composes himself.

"Jii!!", He answered to her call by turning towards her. The smile on his lips seemed so genuine that...it was hard to read his whirlwind of emotion.

"You are happy right!!?", It was such a simple question...but the meaning of the words were only clear to Mahi and Yamini...or so they thought... because there was another soul who was hearing and understanding the depth of those words as well.

However, he respected her enough to never answer her back.

But...enough was enough. He stood up with a startle making everyone shocked.

The food he was eating was pushed back due to the jerk caused by his movements.

"Ye kya tarika hai Virat!!"

"And what about her Mom!! She is sprouting nonsense from the beginning..!! Just because we aren't saying anything...or I ain't saying anything... doesn't mean we do not stand!! Do you think Masi..we are fool to not understand your taunt on Mahi Bhai!!"

"Virat!!", he stops hearing the stern voice of Mahi and close his eyes tightly to control his anger.

Yamini looks everything with amusement and turns to Manini.

"Wow Mani!! Manna padega!! He didn't heard you..but one command of Mahi..and he obliged instantly!!", Manini sighed in mind.

"Yami!!"

"Don't Yami me!! Look after your children!! Kahi aisa naa ho bhai kahte kahte inka v wahi haal ho jo Saurabh ka hua", she said before moving to the guest room.

"Virat!! How many times have I told you...just stop with this cross questioning segment with her!! She is hurt son.. that's why!!"

"Mom!! It's been eight years!! When will she move on!! Moreover, she is blaming Bhai for something he never did!!", answered back Virat.