~ I ~

Once upon a time, there was a girl who tried to save everyone in the world, but in the end, she forgot to save herself.

                        •••••••••••

When I woke up this morning, something inside of me snapped. All the anger, all the hurt, all the pain that I hid behind the concrete walls I've built to vanish it all away exploded, leaking out my sorrows, making me so numb. The events of last night replay in my head, reminding me of the lighter that lit the fire inside of me. It only took a few words ‐ six words - to open my eyes and cause me so much numbness. There is so much excruciating reality playing a show in front of me.

"You wouldn't be nothing without me," He screamed at me. I stood frozen, unable to form words as I felt my heart break piece by piece. But, I woke up this morning and packed some clothes, pictures, and all the snacks in the house and left. I'm not looking back. Not this time.

I texted a friend of mine, and she is letting me stay in a guest room at her brother's place. It's practically a mansion with four floors and a guest house out back, but my presence still feels weird. I don't like relying on people, but I don't have a choice. I only have thirteen dollars in my account.

"We should be drunk already." Royal sighs, walking in the room, laying flat on her back on the bed.

I sigh, running my hand through my straightened long cherry chocolate hair as I look at Royal. Her pink mini dress goes great with her tanned skin tone. Her hair is long and blonde with a bright pair of blue eyes to match. Royal is extremely pretty. Her brothers are even hotter.

"Let's get drunk then."

Royal looks down at my tights and hoodie, judging me with her eyes, but she doesn't say anything as she grabs my hand and leads me downstairs to the living room. Music is classic, quietly playing in the background while loud chatter is heard over it. The men are dressed in suits with expensive watches and rings while the women are wearing tight dresses and diamond jewelry, and they're laughing at whatever their much older date says even when it's just simple conversation.

"Is that guy a sugar daddy?" I whisper to Royal, pointing to the man in his sixties and the women in her twenties. Royal snaps her head in that direction, her lips rising into a smile while she shakes her head yes.

"You should get one," Royal smirks as she pours us a drink. "They throw money around like it grows on trees just for a little bit of attention from a younger woman."

"I'm not sucking any old man's dick for pity money." I chuckle, drinking my vodka soda in one shot.

"Baby, come dance with me." Arlo, Royals boyfriend of five years, says, lacing an arm around her waist, pulling her away before she could protest. I smile at her, giving her a wave.

"Wait! Layla! Come dance!" Royal yells, but I shake my head no as I hold up my drink.

"Have fun, " I trail off as the air stiffens. I  feel a familiar presence that I haven't felt in such a long time, and it's came back stronger than I'd ever felt before. As if my eyes knew where to look, I was drawn into the darkest eyes that I'd ever seen. His eyes are haunted. Possessive and taunting. His eyes became the blackness that I saw every time I closed my eyes. His gorgeous eyes are darker than any black holes I've ever seen, but he is yet so delicate and drawing.

His crescent strong jawline is so straight and hard that if he squeezes his jaw any tighter, his teeth are sure to crack. His facial hair is lined and trimmed neatly, and his light brown curly, shaggy hair is highlighted with blonde streaks. It's grown out just above his angular eyebrows. Tattoos decorated his tanned arms and down his sculpted chest and ribs. His well-defined otter mode body type had an outline of hardened abs. A thick buldge shows through his jeans which is enough to make my pussy throb.