~ IV ~

My eyes lids were heavy enough to remind me how tired I am, but they were light enough to survive another hour or so. Between the blunts, the alcohol, and the seductive looks Prince has been giving me all day and night, I feel fucking amazing.

It's been a week since I was last in his bed. After the shower, I ate while Prince went over the contract. I signed away at every paragraph, giving him my authorization that I'll attend every event, every party, and every business trip he needs me to go too. He explained that he will be training me as a secret weapon for whatever mission he's on. October twelveth is when our contract ends, but what he needs me for is on the tenth of October. I didn't ask much questions, I needed time to wrap my head around it. Prince assured me that training for the deal would be brutal, but promised that he wouldn't push me to hard. He showed me my room that I'd be sleeping in when his family wasn't visiting, and gave me a master card with an unknown amount on it.

I look around the venue and admire the beauty of everyone here. Everyone is dressed to impress, and looking around waiting for our arrival for our wedding party. Prince's father call him as soon as he sent the text that we have gotten married. He was pissed off that he didn't even know about the engagement and was fuming when he found out we got married in a courthouse with Royal and Benji as our witnesses. Prince didn't give them any details about our relationship other than we met, fell in love and he wants to marry me before I run away. I laughed at that, shaking my head but something told me that it wasn't necessarily a lie. Royal questioned it the most, but it was easy to convince her that I've been secretly fooling around with him for a year. Legend has been MIA since the party, but his absence hasn't caused to many concerns.

The security that's been following me for a week has been a little annoying, but I've never felt safer. I'm not looking over my shoulder. My ex reached out hours after I signed the contract, but I didn't respond for two days. We've been texting back and forth, but I told him I needed a break so his text messages have been more begging for me to forgive him than threats. I sigh, looking down at my phone when it vibrates again.

Please call me, I just want to hear your voice. I miss you, baby." The text read. I clinch my jaw, fighting back the tears as I put my phone in my clutch.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" Prince ask, cupping my face between his hands.

I shake my head, faking a smile. "I'm fine, just tired. It's been an eventful week."

Prince smiles, "We only need to stay for an hour. You'll meet some of my family, I'll meet yours, we'll eat then we'll leave."

I look away. "I didn't invite anyone." I admit. He told me to invite whoever I wanted, but as I scrolled through my contacts, I realized that I didn't have anyone to invite. Nobody that I trusted.

Prince expression didn't change, but his smile lowered. "Why not, sweetheart? Are you embarrassed?"

I laugh, a genuine laugh, as I shake my head and grab his hand, lacing our fingers together as a song begins to play in the background.

Why would he assume I'd be embarrassed? Anyone with eyes could see that Prince was great looking, a temptation walking. "I'd never, handsome." I wink, nervously.

"I have a work trip tomorrow. I don't know how long I'll be gone. Royal will start your training Monday morning." Prince says as we walk down the stairs into the venue.

Everyone's eyes land on us and I feel the judgment right away. My cheeks get hot, my anxiety kicks in, and the weed is starting to make me paranoid from all the stares. Great, tonight is going to be wonderful.

                                   ••••••

My head was pounding from the amount of talking that I've been doing all night. Prince's family and friends are all sweet and curious. I felt interrogated by each person I talked too, and in competition with all the beautiful women who told me stories about how much of a gentleman Prince is and how wild he was in bed. I didn't feel jealous, but I didn't like how many women were connected to Prince. His mom was the most quiet, stayed locked in conversation with Prince and talked about grandchildren that she was so excited for. Prince's dad went out of town to meet Legend so he couldn't attend. Prince relaxed after that.