Chapter 25: Pocket Full of Lightning

"Shot of Tequila, beer on tap
Sweet southern woman set on my lap
G with an O, O with a D
T with an I and an M and an E
And a good time
Shhheww, good time
I've been workin' all week"

"Shot of Tequila, beer on tapSweet southern woman set on my lapG with an O, O with a DT with an I and an M and an EAnd a good timeShhheww, good timeI've been workin' all week"

"Yah!"

"Stanley! Now is not the time to be doing karate, okay?" Diego fathered his son.

"Yeah. Well mom said I need to practice". Stanley fired back to him.

"Yeah, well, she's not wrong"

"Well, I saved your pathetic ass".  Stanley snapped at Diego.

"Okay, hold on".  Allison stopped them from going any further.  "Five, so we caused a paradox.  What does that mean?" 

"It's hard to say.  It's all been theoretical until now, but we have started to disappear".  Five told them.

"What things?"  Viktor questioned.

"Right now?  Uh, lobsters".

"And a shit ton of cows!"  Klaus sat up from his spot.

"But I have a feeling this is just the beginning."  Five sighed.

"A feeling?  Aren't you retired?"

"I want nothing more".

~~~
"I understand now".

"Well, are you going to tell me?"  Thomas questioned as he was seated next to Esme on the couch back in her room.

Esme was looking at the ceiling above her.  Her lips parted slightly.  She turned her head slowly, looking at Thomas with a serious expression before a wide grin appeared on her face.

"Alcohol".

She then bursted out laughing and stretched her arms out, one of her hands hitting Thomas in the face.

Thomas moved her hand away as he looked at her with amusement.  "How much did you drink?"  He asked.

Esme sat up slightly as she moved her arms in front of her.  "Honestly, not a lot.  Buuuuut wooooooowwww".  She started to laugh again and then all of a sudden stopped, looking back over to Thomas.

"Does this mean I'm an alcoholic?"  She asked him seriously.

"No.  This is your first time.  You're far from an alcoholic". Thomas said.

"Whoop!"

Thomas laughed loudly, clapping his hands together in the process. He leaned forward before sitting back on the couch.