Chapter 26: Kugelblitz

And there's no remedy for memory, your face is like a melody
It won't leave my head
Your soul is haunting me and telling me that everything is fine
But I wish I was dead (dead, like you)
Every time I close my eyes, it's like a dark paradise

And there's no remedy for memory, your face is like a melodyIt won't leave my headYour soul is haunting me and telling me that everything is fineBut I wish I was dead (dead, like you)Every time I close my eyes, it's like a dark paradise

"Oh man.  Heavens to Betsy.  What did you do?"  Klaus who just entered the hotel asked.  "Did Viktor go full Carrie again?"

"We didn't do this".  Allison gave Klaus a look.

"Harlan?"  Viktor reached out but Harlan was quick to not let him touch him.

"Don't. Don't come near me, please". Harlan put his hands on his head.

"I just want to make sure that you're okay". Viktor looked at Harlan worriedly.

"Whose Harlan?" Thomas whispered to Esme.

"That guy". Esme pointed as she whispered too.

"No. Like, how does Viktor know him?" Thomas asked completely out of the loop.

"The kid". Esme turned to Thomas with wide eyes.

"The kid". Thomas nodded, finally understanding. The two sometimes shared a single brain cell.

"Who cares? He saved us from the Sparrows". Diego whispered to Allison and Klaus. Esme spun to the group as she wrapped her arms around Diego. Diego wrapped an arm around her as their eyes now moved to Luther who was hovering over Sloane and soon enough she got up and started running.

"You got a live one, Luther!" Diego let go of Esme and started to run after her.

"Sloane!" Luther shouted, leaving as well.

It seemed like everyone started to leave.

"Harlan, wait!" Viktor turned to the remaining siblings + Thomas.

"Go help Luther. I can handle it." Viktor told them.

"I don't want to deal with the bodies". Esme muttered as she looked away from them.

"I got it, Essie". Thomas rolled up his white sleeves.

~~~

"Yeah, you're just mad that you got your ass kicked by a floating cube!"

Klaus let out a laugh from hearing Stanley's remark, his arm looped with Esme's as they walked towards the father and son.  Diego pointed harshly at Stanley.

"That's it.  You're grounded.  Why are you laughing?"  Diego then turned to look at Klaus.  "You were conveniently absent when all this shit went down".

One Klaus and Esme were in front of the two, they unhooked arms.

"I was talking with Dad".

"Don't move an inch".  Diego told Stanley before pulling Klaus a few feet away.  Esme happily taking a few skips over to them.