Chapter 19: Öga for Öga

"You're trying to make your mark in society
You're using all the tricks that you used on me
You're reading all them high-fashion magazines
The clothes you're wearing, girl, they're causing public scenes"

"You're trying to make your mark in societyYou're using all the tricks that you used on meYou're reading all them high-fashion magazinesThe clothes you're wearing, girl, they're causing public scenes"

Thomas closed the door to the bedroom slowly, as he looked at Esme's sleeping figure. He then walked over to the family room where he saw Ben looking at the photos on the wall, a smile on his face. Ben, turned slightly to Thomas before sitting down in the middle of the couch, Thomas sitting in the chair across from him.

"So, how can you see me?" Ben questioned.

"Well, I was one of the 43 children born in October of 1989." Thomas stated, leaning forward slightly in his chair, hands clasped together.

Ben just nodded slowly. "Makes sense. Do you have the same power as Klaus then?"

Thomas shook his head. "No, more elaborate. I can see any supernatural creature and communicate with them."  He elaborated, as Ben looked intrigued.  "That's interesting."  Ben leaned back on the couch.

"Does Esme know like, about all of this."  Ben asked and Thomas nodded.  "Yeah, I feel like she knows me better then myself."  That answer made Ben smile slightly.

"Well, it certainly is nice talking to someone else besides Klaus."  Ben let out a grateful sigh, making Thomas crack a smile.

"Such a handful?" 

"You have no idea Thomas."

The two chuckled slightly before Ben stood up once more, looking at the pictures once again.  "You make her really happy, I'm glad she found someone who was able to give her that feeling.  We've all been through so much.  Especially Esme."  Ben said happily.

"I should check on Klaus. Make sure he's doing alright." Ben turned back to face Thomas and was about to leave then stopped.

"By the way. Don't mind Diego." Ben gave him a small smile, Thomas looking up at the ghost.

"Esme is his closest sibling, favorite...I think she's everyone's favorite actually."

Thomas let out a small chuckle at his comment, Ben smiling a bit more before he continued.

"He's just very protective of her, he'll come around." Ben finished and Thomas gave him a small nod.

"Bye Ben."

"See you around."

With that Ben was gone and Thomas stood back up, turning off the lamp before he made his way back in the bedroom. Esme turning over slightly, as she squinted at him.