Chapter 27: Kindest Cut

"And what's up with you?"  Luther asked, looking to Thomas who was standing in the corner of the lobby

"And what's up with you?" Luther asked, looking to Thomas who was standing in the corner of the lobby. First Viktor was bleeding on the cheek, then Diego had a scratch with smeared blood on the back of his neck. And now Thomas hand kept shaking.

"Was it Harlan? The Sparrows are right. He shouldn't be here. He's dangerous." Luther looked to them all.

"He's only dangerous because I made him that way". Viktor defended Harlan. "This is my problem, and I appreciate your concern, but I'm gonna figure it out. I'm gonna fix it".

"What's going on?" Allison joined the group.

"Oh my God. He got you too? Did he get Esme too?" Luther's eyes widened, looking to Thomas in concern.

"She's actually looking for Five.  We talked to Lucifer and he said Five will explain".  Thomas told them bluntly.

"What do you mean you talked to Lucifer?  What exactly did he say?"  Diego turned to Thomas fully.

"I don't know.  The guy is a dick."  Thomas only shrugged.

"You okay?" Allison asked Viktor.

"Great. You?" Viktor asked back.

"Never better".

A weird noise sounded before a blue portal was above them, two figures falling out of it as everyone scrambled back.  Besides Thomas of course since he was in the corner.

Lila and Five groaned, pushing the planks off of them and then at each other.  "Well...there's Five".  Thomas groaned.  Of course.  Five is here and Esme is wondering around the hotel looking for him.

"Where have you been?"

"Facing my mortality, Viktor.  I don't recommend it". Five stood up.

"You had the briefcase?  We've been looking for this!"  Allison went over and picked the briefcase up.

"Well, look no further.  That's the last one on Earth.  Or was the last one". Five looked at it and when Allison dropped it back to the ground. Five took a closer look.  "Yeah, that's toast."

"Five".  Thomas pinched the bridge of his nose for a moment.  "Esme is looking for you".

"Why?  Did she make more lemon cake by any chance?"  Five asked, not bothering to look at Thomas.

"No.  Well-I guess I could tell you.  Esme and I talked to Lucifer-"

"The Devil?"  Five looked up to Thomas. "That guy is a piece of shit". Five spat with hatred, remembering that he shoved his head on a dashboard in a car before Apocalypse 1 happened.

"I know! He is". Thomas agreed with him. "Look, the piece of shit said that the Sparrows are the least of our worries and that you would know what is worse". Thomas took a few steps closer to him. Five let out a long sigh and then looked to Diego and Luther who were talking.