Chapter 17: Valhalla

"The devil's on your shoulder
The strangers in your head
As if you don't remember
As if you can forget
It's only been a moment
It's only been a lifetime"

"The devil's on your shoulderThe strangers in your headAs if you don't rememberAs if you can forgetIt's only been a momentIt's only been a lifetime"

"Anymore questions, Elliot?" Five held his mug of coffee, looking at the man annoyed.

"Uh, no." Elliot murmured.

"You're missing the big picture here. Dad is the ringleader of a sinister cabal that is planning on killing the president!" Diego raised his voice a little while Luther just looked at him from the kitchen table, his mouth full of scrambled eggs.

"A cabal?" Luther raised an eyebrow.

"Ignore him." Five pointed to Luther, once again his voice and facial expression filled with annoyance.

"Look, the way I see it, we only have one option."  Five told Luther calmly, leaning against the counter while looking at the two.

"Oh, yeah and what's that?"  Luther questioned over his mouth filled with egg.

"It's time to get The Umbrella Academy back together."  Five answered with a determined face.

"Hell, yeah. Family meeting.  Oh, wait. One problem.  No one knows where Esme is."  Diego looked to Five and he didn't bother to say anything.

"Are you sure you have no idea where she is?"  Diego asked.

"Trust me Diego.  If I knew where she was. I would've found her way before you."  Five told his brother clearly annoyed by his question.

"I'll get Allison.  You get Vanya."  Five changed the discussion as he looked to Luther.

"Just don't crush her to death."  He finished before flashing off.

"Wait-"  Elliot then looked at the remaining siblings and coughed slightly, pointing to himself.

"What should I do?"  He asked.

"Prepare for company."

~~~

Esme swept the floor into the pan, bending down and picking it up before going over to the trash can and throwing it away. She looked around the room and nodded slightly. There were some holes in the furniture and walls, but it looked way better then it did the night before.

Esme continued to sweep until the phone went off and she set the broom down, walking over to the table and picking up the phone.

"This is Esme." She answered.

"Hey Essie." Thomas was on the other line, smiling as he was in front of a pay phone, watching some people as they walked down the street.