Chapter 13: Right Back Where We Started

"Ooh, and it's alright and it's coming along
We gotta get right back to where we started from."

 A gust of wind blew as a bright blue light appeared in the sky, more like portal

A gust of wind blew as a bright blue light appeared in the sky, more like portal. There were a few people walking the dark road, but none seemed to notice. Suddenly, Esme fell through the portal and landed face first on the concrete below.

"Ow!" She groaned as she let out a few breaths before lifting her head from the ground, taking in her surroundings. She carefully lifted herself up as she looked in the alleyway she was in.

"Diego?!" Was the first word that shouted through her pale lips. She began to spin around some more, hoping her other siblings would some how appear.

"Five?! Klaus?! Allison!" She kept shouting before she decided to walk to the end of the alley where she saw cars going down the street, unaware of the flash of a camera through a window.

Esme ran her hands through her hair nervously as she walked down the sidewalk, passing stores. She suddenly came to a stop and backed up, before looking through a window where a small tv was playing an episode of I Love Lucy on it.

"What?" She whispered to herself before her eyes caught herself in the reflection. Her hands instantly going back to her hair. Brunette hair to be exact. She let out a frustrated scream, stomping her feet on the ground as a few people that walked passed her looked at her weirdly.

"What's next? Purple?! Am I suddenly a chameleon now?" She huffed before making her way down the street some more. She needed to figure out where she was, more importantly; when.

Esme quickly went over to the side of the road where she yanked out a newspaper from a stand. Her pale fingers gripped onto it as her eyes scanned the date.

October 13th, 1960

"1960?" She breathed out as she could feel her heart beating in her chest. "I'm trapped in 1960 with no family." She told herself as she let go of the newspaper, letting it fall on the ground before making her way down the street again. She had no idea where she was going, or honestly what she should do.

When Esme got tired of running around like a chicken with its head cut off, she finally sat on a bench where she just looked out into the street, completely dazed.

"If a demon wants to keep me company. This would honestly be the best time." She spoke out loud to herself, still looking at the road.

Esme was just lost. Well, no shit she's lost. But, she felt that way as well. Esme let another groan as she rubbed her face in her hands, closing her eyes, feeling a migraine coming.

"Well I was certainly not expecting this."

Esme's eyes snapped open and she took her hands away, slowly turning her head next to her.