Chapter 16: The Majestic 12

"Feel any better?"  Thomas questioned Esme as she was nibbling on a piece of toast

"Feel any better?" Thomas questioned Esme as she was nibbling on a piece of toast. He eyed her worriedly, thinking back to the event from last night.

"Yes." She told him truthfully. It was a rough night for her, but from thinking and then crying into Thomas' arms until she fell asleep she felt much better.

"Good.  So..."  He started, playing with a half empty glass in his hand as he looked down at the glass then to her again.

"There's a big fancy party going on in this like mansion and I was thinking we should crash it."  He suggested, his smile filled with mischief.

Esme didn't say anything as she looked at him, biting into her piece of toast.  "Do you know what kind of food is going to be there?"  She asked softly.

"I heard there was going to be cake."  He gave her a kind smile, already knowing with that one word she would be in.

"Sounds good to me."  A small smile played on her lips as she stood up, grabbing her plate and bringing it over to the sink.

"Wait. Hold on." Esme turned to him as she turned on the water to clean her plate. "This is going to be the second night in a row that you're getting all dressed up."

"Don't make me change my mind." He told her seriously as he made his way out of the kitchen.  Esme shook her head slightly, letting out a small giggle as she started to dry the plate off with a towel as she listened to the radio next to her.

"Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows
Everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together"

A knock sounded throughout the house as Esme set the plate down and made her way to the front door, wiping her wet hands on her red dress slightly to try and dry them off.  She opened the front door and raised an eyebrow slightly.

"I thought milk delivery's were on Mondays?"  She questioned.

"Come on, join in, everybody
Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows
Everything that's wonderful is sure to come your way"

The man reached behind him and pulled out a gun, aiming it at her, Esme's eyes widened as her hand left the grip of the door in shock, her gaze never leaving the gun.  The sound of a gun going off echoed through her ears as the bullet made its way towards her.

Before it could reach her a long metal blade came right in front of her, the bullet ricochet off of it and was sent in the wall.  Thomas was on the other end of the sword, his eyes showing hatred through his black hood before he quickly kicked the door shut, freeing one of his hands from the sword and grabbing Esme's arm, pulling her to another part of the house.

"Come on!"  He told her, still keeping a tight grip, not wanting to lose her.  More gunshots went off and he pulled her down behind a couch.

"You know what. I think I'm going to stop answering doors from now on. I'm getting real tired of being met with a gun."  She hissed, punching the ground below her slightly.