Chapter 12: The White Violin

"How?  Was I to know?  I'm not strong. I should have saved you. Oh, I hope you know. That you're my home, but now I'm lost. So lost."
**Special Chapter Song: Forest Fire by Brighton**

A 13-year old Esme was sitting beside Diego on his bed as she let out small cries as he dabbed her cut on her hand with a wet towel

"I know. I'm sorry Esme." He apologized as he hated seeing his sister in pain.

He looked at the deep cut on her hand and finally put pressure on it, making her let out another cry.

"I'm sorry." He apologized once again.

"I thought they were supposed to be your friends?" He questioned, as he meant her demons.

"Not all of them. Some don't like being told what to do."  She told him, sniffling a bit.

Diego shook his head sadly and rested her injured hand on his leg, while he kept the pressure on it.

Esme gripped his arm tightly, telling him not to put anymore pressure on it.

"Maybe we should get Mom."  Diego looked at her and she shook her head.

"No. Because she'll tell dad and I don't want him to know."  She told him quickly, and he nodded his head, understanding.

The door than swung open revealing Vanya.  Both of the siblings looked away from each other and than at the door.

"What do you want Vanya?"  Diego asked a bit harshly, accidentally putting more pressure on Esme's wound, making her let out a small cry.

"I'm sorry Esme."  Diego apologized for the third time. He rubbed her shoulder a bit with his free hand, than glancing at Vanya before back to Esme's hand.

"Leave Vanya!  Can't you see I'm taking care of Esme?" 

With that said, Vanya made her way out of the room.

"Vanya stop!"  Esme shouted as she stood in front of her.

"Get out of my way Esme."  Vanya looked at her a bit disgusted as the ceiling behind her started to fall apart.

"Why are you doing this?"  Esme questioned and Vanya scoffed.

"Why?  Luther locked me up and you all kept me in there!  I'm done being the one left out of everything."  Vanya went to walk another way, but Esme stopped her, standing in front of her once more.