Chapter 14: The Frankel Footage

Esme's eyes slowly opened as she squinted them a bit as the bright room struck her eyes

Esme's eyes slowly opened as she squinted them a bit as the bright room struck her eyes. She parted her lips slightly and took in a breath of air. Her hands gripped the blanket underneath, her eyes finally scanned the room she was in. She was thinking of waking up in a cell or something, but no. She was in a bedroom.

When her eyes finally adjusted, she slowly sat up and looked to the nightstand beside her. A glass of water sat on top and she quickly grabbed it, gulping it down, the cool water refreshing her throat. Once she was done with the glass she carefully placed it back down and stood up.

She carefully made her way to the door and placed her hand on the doorknob and pushed it down, opening it. Esme stepped out and carefully made her way down the hall, trying to not make any noise. She heard the sound of music getting louder as she made her way further. She rounded the corner and instantly stopped.

The hooded man sat at the kitchen table, cleaning what looked to be a sword. His back was turned, so he couldn't see her. Esme's dark eyes flickered to the small radio on the kitchen counter then to the part of the room where she saw the front door.

She could easily get out, make noise or not. She could get it opened and run, letting her bare feet carry her away. Esme did just that, she looked at the man one more time, seeing he didn't move then made her way to the door. When she got to it, she unlocked it, a click going off but wasn't too loud. Esme then turned the knob opening the door, she could feel the fresh air blowing in her face and the sun shinning on her.

That was all taken away when a hand pushed on the door, slamming it shut. Esme looked up and saw the hooded man towering over her, an unamused look plastered on his face.

"You're not very quiet." He told her as she backed away and him locking the door once more.

"What do you want?" Esme hissed, her hands slowly turning into fists at her sides.

"I just want to talk Esme. I told you before. I don't want to hurt you." He told her seriously as he stayed where he was at, the two looking at each other.

"But you did hurt me."

He didn't say anything at her comment. He just watched her, observing to see what her next move was. His eyes went from her fists, to the umbrella tattoo on her arm then finally to her face. She was scared, she may have not shown it, but he could feel it radiating off of her.

"In another universe, yes." He finally answered.

"I-I don't understand."  Esme's voice cracked as she tried to be strong.  Pathetic really she was.  If her father could see her now he would say something like, "Number 0, stop your crying and do something about it."