SS: A Forever Goodbye? (P-4)

Another letter arrived for Bondita Roy Choudhary. But she was not at all in a state to read or unable to understand whether she is upset because of missing her school and studies, or her Pati Babu's changed attitude towards her.

Its been a week since she attended the school. All these days, Batuk always tried to take her but for some reasons, she ends up getting late. Apparently it is happening because of Anirudh dada.

How ironical! His dada was the one who himself use to take her to school and now? He was talking abut the same to his Somnath Dada on phone. He suggested to talk to his dada instead of Boudi. That was when he realised something. Its been a week since he was back but he didn't even try to have a glimpses of his Anirudh dada, let alone talk to him.

He felt to smack himself for this stupidity. Instead of insisting his boudi, shouldn't he talk to his dada?

"Batuk Roy Choudhary" He came out of his thoughts when the teacher called him. "Its been more than a week since Bondita Roy Choudhary is absent. Aise hi chalta raha toh, I'm sorry to say, but she won't be allowed to appear for her final term examination due to lack of attendance."

This worried him and will definitely worry his dada more, if so. But anyways, he need to talk to his dada even if he had to stay awake tonight.

Bondita was sitting in the study waiting for him. She never had her dinner without him but whenever he came late he said that he already had his dinner and slept without even asking if she had or not. He stopped her while going to school and somehow wasted her time talking to her sweetly or giving her some work.

She got to know from Batuk that she may won't be allowed to appear for her exams. "Ab paani sar ke upar jaa chuka hai. M...Mera bhavishya... khatre mein..." Her sobs turned into hiccups.

She roughly rubbed off her tears and was now determined to confront seriously to her Pati Babu about this without giving him a chance to intruppt her. Today, she need her answers from him. At any cost.

She saw him entering with a neutral look on his face. He didn't had his bag, neither his robe but she cared less about it. He stood in her front as if ready to confront her, but how did he know that she was waiting for that?

Never mind. She just needed her answer.

Taking a deep breath she spoke "Aaj vidyalay se soochna mili ki agar mera attendance yu hi kam raha toh... toh mujhe iss saal pareeksha mein baithne ki anumati nahi hogi."

"Toh?" He asked crossing his arms.

Toh? What does he mean? Was he even serious? Doesn't seems so.

"Kya matlab toh? Main aapke wajah se roz late hoti hu. Aapke wajah se hamesha meri kaksha chhut jaati hai!Aap chahte kya hai Pati Babu!? Aise kaise banegi Bondita Barrister Babu?" She screamed with her eyes reddened due to tears.

He let out a sarcastic chuckle and said "Barrister Babu? Aur woh bhi tum? Mujhe laga, Bondita toh, Anirudh Roy Choudhury ki patni banna chahti hai."

"Ha! Par iska matlab ye nahi ki main Barrister Babu banne ka sapna bhool chuki hu. Par aap hai ki har pal mujhe kaamo aur baaton mein uljha dete hai aur vidyalay tak jaane nahi dete." She yelled.

"Chillao mat Bondita. Ab chup rahogi tum!" He yelled back raising his finger towards her. But she quickly pushed it away and snapped "Nahi! Aaj aap mujhe chup nahi kara paayenge! Aapne hi mujhe awaaz uthane ki himmat di hai. Aur aaj, aapko mere saare sawaalo ke jawaab dene honge!"

She wiped out her tears and said "aapka kartavya hai, mere prashno ke uttar dena. Aur uttar paana adhikaar hai mera, aur wo main isi waqt leke rahungi."