SS: A Forever Goodbye? (P-8) Bonus 2

Sampoorna went near the temple to check all the arrangements for the Lakshmi poojan, which is going to be done by her and Binoy.

That's when her eyes landed on one particular litted diya. An earthen oil lamp that Bondita litted years ago when she found a hope in those letters and never allowed it to get extinguished.

But a fear crept in Sampoorna's heart as she saw the diya flickering and was on the verge of getting extinguished. She quickly covered it by her palms. Batuk who was passing from there saw her worried "Kya hua Sampoorna maa?"

"Batuk Bondita ko bula, warna ye diya..."

"Oh! Finally ye bujne wala hai?" Batuk mockingly exclaimed. Batuk always felt this gesture of his Boudi stupid. Indeed he cared about her happiness but for him, her wait, her devotion all this seemed quite hypothetical.

"Ye mazaak nahi hai Batuk! Tum bhi jaante ho ye diya kya maayne rakhta hai Bondita ke liye. Pichle 4 saalo se bujne nahi diya hai isse. Ye sirf ek diya nahi hai, uske intezaar ki ghadi hai." Sampoorna snapped.

Suddenly the lamp went off. Her breath hitched as this happened. "Ye kya hua!?" Sampoorna exclaimed.

Batuk screeched a high pitch laugh and said sarcastically "Oh let me guess let me guess, ab diya buj gaya hai toh, Boudi ka intezaar khatam hua hoga right?" Although Batuk didn't uttered this seriously but his last line made her think deeply.

Seeing her changing expression, Batuk snapped "Oh please, Sampoorna maa main bas mazak..."

"MAALIK! DEKHIYE KON AAYA HAI!" Batuk was interrupted by the loud voice of Bihari from outside the house.

Batuk frowned and before he could decipher the situation, Sampoorna smiled with tears in her eyes "Sahi kaha tumne Batuk" then she looked at the extinguished diya and uttered with a grin "Bondita ka intezaar khatam ho chuka hai."

The crease that was formed on his eyebrows was replaced by a numb expressions "iska matlab... dada..." to which she nodded with a grin.

He felt lifeless, a life without a reason or an aim after Anirudh left the mansion, his family, his jeene ki wajah

Yes, that was a newly found realisation when he saw her falling off from the cliff. His Bondita has become the reason for his living.

His heart sank when that day he saw his little girl unconscious in his arms. The struggles she is facing because of this marriage. Because of him.

Patni dharam, Pati ki seva, Patni ka darja etcetera... she is facing because of him.

Why not? Even he is somewhere responsible for all her sufferings. Infact, the root cause. Afterall it was him who married her on first hand. It was him who had no other option to save a life apart from marrying her.

He needed to move away. Until he would have stayed there with her, as her husband, neither his family, nor the society would let her live in peace. What if they both get trapped again?