6. Cousin

Y/N's POV:

Henry arrived late which gave monty a lead. I quickly started my car and drove away with a loud sound which filled the hall. It took a while but I finally caught up to monty. When I passed his car, he got furious. Monty bumped his car into mine from behind which made me slow and he tried to take the lead again. But when he tried to pass me, I bumped him from the side which made him skid on the side as he was on the wrong way.
The bumping game continued for a while until Monty rolled his mirror down. I thought he was going to say something but instead he threw some kind of device which sticked on to my front view mirror.
Monty gave a devilish grin and drove away very fastly. I was confused whuch made me slow down. The device started blipping and releasing smoke which covered my whole view. It was dark already so I had to stop. I quickly climbed out of the car and plucked the device off and threw it.
Now I was already late but I didnt gave up. I drove as fast as I can. I was now very close to the winning point and I just hope that monty havent crossed it yet. Suddenly the silent road was filled with sounds of sirens wailing.
"You got to be fucking kidding me!" I immediately dialed emily's phone on cars bluetooth and she picked up quickly.

"Where are you? Arent you driving?" Emilly exclaimed.

"Yes I am driving. I am almost there."

"Then why'd you call? Bye."

"No wait. Is monty there yet?"

"No why-Wait- Dont tell me he has the lead."

"I am sorry but yes. Plus I've got another problem."

"Shut the hell up and concentrate on your driving, boo! You cant lose this. I am hanging up." She exclaimed.

"Boo? Are you talking to Y/N? Where is he? Is he winning?" I heard Rose's voice. She was asking Emily.

"No wait! Em. I am afraid to say but I dont think I can make this on time."

"What do you mean you cant!"

"Monty cheated. He used some kind of smoke grenade or something and took the lead and now I am being chased by the cops for crossing the speed limits."

"What the fuck? Try to lose the cops and try to come back safely. I will talk to the organizers about monty and his evil plans."

"What did monty do? Is Y/N okay?" It was rose again.

"I am hanging up the call. Bye." I said before hanging up. I made a U-Turn and drove in the opposite direction. I finally lost the cops in some crowd so I turn back to the original path in full speed.
I was surprised when I saw the black CivicGt close ahead of me.

"Oh monty, there you are asshole!" I smiled.

When I drove beside it, monty's jaw dropped to the floor in shock when he saw me taking the lead again. He tried to pass my car again but I was not giving him the way to pass me. I dropped my speed all of the sudden when monty was behind me. He got confused and he hit the brakes without thinking so that our cars wouldnt crash into each other. When he hit the brakes, I quickly changed the gear and drove away so fast and stopped when I crossed the finish line. The crowd cheered and applauded on my arrival. Emily was standing with the organisers. She smiled and shook her head when she saw me. Henry rushed towards me with a proud smile and cheering my name loudly. Rose followed him. She looked so happy too. Then there was that one girl. She was standing at a distance with a beautiful smile plastered on her face. She showed her thumbs up and mouthed "congrats!". I smiled at her.

Finally Monty arrived. The organisers came to me and asked about what happened. I showed them the device monty used which was still sticked on my car. Monty glared at me.