23. Just the way you are.

Selena's POV:

"Baby, I planned this so everything is on me." My brows furrowed as I softly scolded him when Y/N said he wants to split the bill.

"Alright, No need to get angry." He sat back and looked down, probably teasing me, which made me laugh.

"Good." I said in between my laugh.

We paid the bills and left the restaurant. It was almost 11pm and streets were dark and quiet. We started walking with our hands intertwined.

"So, Where are we going?" Y/N broke the silence.

"I don't know. We drove to the most distant restaurant so you could enjoy driving that car, We had dinner and your favorite desserts, So, unless you have something specific in mind, there isn't much else to do. I really don't want this night to end." I said.

"Me too, Sel." He smiled. "Oh, there's a park over there. We can hang out and talk for awhile if you like?" He said.

"Of course, I'd love that." I kissed his cheek. We walked to the park and sat down on a bench. Normally, the paparazzi would not give me this much privacy, but I guess it was too late for them or my disguise was effective. I laid my head on his shoulder and started playing with his fingers. "Did you enjoyed the evening?" I asked.

"What you have done is the most beautiful thing someone has ever done for me and I mean it." He said.

"Oh come on, a guy as handsome as you must have been to a lot of dates before." I giggled.

"Believe me, I have not." He scoffed.

"So tell me about your previous girlfriend. I bet she was prettier?" I asked.

"Wait, I haven't told you about her yet?"

"No you did not."

"I thought I did but anyways, yeah, she is pretty and you know her."

"I know her?" I asked.

"Yes, her name is Rose." He chuckled.

"Rose?" I exclaimed and got up from his shoulder in surprise. "as in your neighbour, Rose?"

"Mhmm." He nodded with a smile.

"She is pretty indeed." I whispered. "Uhm-You and Rose were dating and I had no idea until now?" I shook my head. He smiled in response. "She is a very nice girl. Why did you break up?"

"I-dont know. Things were not working out, I was not giving her much time and yeah she did not deserved it so we thought its better to stay as friends." Y/N shrugged.

"I see." Before I could say further, my phone started ringing. I saw the caller ID and "Excuse me, Baby, this won't take long." I smiled and answered the call.

"Heyy, Selena!" It was a video call so Y/N was hearing us too.

"Hi!"

"I was in New York and only found out recently that you were ill. Sorry, I didn't knew earlier."

"Its okay, Tay. It was not anything serious." I said and looked at Y/N who was giving me Oh yeah? kinda look.

"Glad to hear and are you with someone?"

"Yeah, Y/N's here." I said, shyly.

"Girl, You are out on a date! Can he hear me? Hello Y/N!"

"You are gonna get the most normal reaction from him." I whispered on my phone before turning it towards Y/N. "Babe, my friend wants to say hi." I said to Y/N.